• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,415 posts in this topic

54. A penny for your thoughts

Friend of my mine borrowed my copy of Avengers and I wanted it back but he said he was still watching it. Instead of doing something drastic I pulled the penny prank that I had heard about on the internet. I placed pennies strategically in places he would find them for about two weeks.

On the day when he finally flipped (a penny somehow ended up in his burrito) and started demanding to know who was placing penny’s everywhere, I looked him in the eyes and said, “You done with my movie yet?” Got my movie the next day.

https://homeaddict.io/people-from-around-the-world-share-passive-aggressive-stories/10/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=HA8&utm_campaign=23851369006750722&utm_content=23851369006730722_23851369006740722&fbclid=IwAR3UXIcIyezl-U65_tU0KOOvhp7bbjj0pomww9zhvCNslqNXxe-E-g2IqMo

50. Throw candy at my face

Worked for a pair of patronizing scumbags at a franchised sandwich shop. Every month they held a mandatory meeting where they would grill us with dozens of basic questions about making sandwiches.

We were required to answer in order to keep our jobs, and they asked each question sloooowwwly… with lots of, okay are you listening? rephrasing, so that our feeble minds could grasp the questions. As incentive, whenever we answered correctly, they would throw us a fun-sized candy.

We stopped catching the candy. Just let it bounce right off our stone-cold faces. For months.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:36 PM, kav said:

54. A penny for your thoughts

Friend of my mine borrowed my copy of Avengers and I wanted it back but he said he was still watching it. Instead of doing something drastic I pulled the penny prank that I had heard about on the internet. I placed pennies strategically in places he would find them for about two weeks.

On the day when he finally flipped (a penny somehow ended up in his burrito) and started demanding to know who was placing penny’s everywhere, I looked him in the eyes and said, “You done with my movie yet?” Got my movie the next day.

https://homeaddict.io/people-from-around-the-world-share-passive-aggressive-stories/10/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=HA8&utm_campaign=23851369006750722&utm_content=23851369006730722_23851369006740722&fbclid=IwAR3UXIcIyezl-U65_tU0KOOvhp7bbjj0pomww9zhvCNslqNXxe-E-g2IqMo

He choked to death and you got charged with placing the penny.

44. Cold as ice

Girlfriend was upset with me over not cleaning something. I asked her for a glass of water and she brought me a glass of ice and told me to wait.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:38 PM, kav said:

50. Throw candy at my face

Worked for a pair of patronizing scumbags at a franchised sandwich shop. Every month they held a mandatory meeting where they would grill us with dozens of basic questions about making sandwiches.

We were required to answer in order to keep our jobs, and they asked each question sloooowwwly… with lots of, okay are you listening? rephrasing, so that our feeble minds could grasp the questions. As incentive, whenever we answered correctly, they would throw us a fun-sized candy.

We stopped catching the candy. Just let it bounce right off our stone-cold faces. For months.

Assault with a candy bar?

On 7/19/2022 at 9:42 PM, kav said:

44. Cold as ice

Girlfriend was upset with me over not cleaning something. I asked her for a glass of water and she brought me a glass of ice and told me to wait.

EachSilverLarva-max-1mb.gif.4388b61295967c3e7e46e9c85665d145.gif

On 7/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That's how you get Oompa Loompas. 

On 7/19/2022 at 7:43 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

technically this is a tortious action.
@jaybuck43

On 7/19/2022 at 10:45 PM, kav said:

technically this is a tortious action.
@jaybuck43

Depending on the state, it’s battery or assault. Technically all you need is an “unwanted touching”, so if you didn’t ask for the candy and it “touched” you, it’s assault. One of the cases that’s famous is the cigarette smoke case where someone stood up and blew smoke on another person purposefully. He was charged and convicted of assault, because the smoke “touched” him. 

O and it’s the US, anything is a  tortious action lol 

On 7/19/2022 at 8:00 PM, jaybuck43 said:

(worship)

On 7/19/2022 at 8:00 PM, jaybuck43 said:

what about someone outside the zone of danger in a state that follows Cardozo?