• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,415 posts in this topic

During the Elizabethan era, refined sugar was only available to the upper class and wealthy members of society. Therefore, if you had teeth that were rotten, covered in gingivitis, and falling out, it was actually a sign of extreme wealth. Some peasants even went so far as to fake gingivitis so they could look richer.

I just read a comic where Superman refused to kill a clam because it's against his 'code'. Yet he eats clams, steak etc.

On 9/13/2022 at 7:10 AM, kav said:

I just read a comic where Superman refused to kill a clam because it's against his 'code'. Yet he eats clams, steak etc.

Like some Buddhists he may believe he cannot take a life for his own meal, or eat a meal with an animal that has been killed in his honour (though this one theoretically gets awkward), but as long as they were going to be killed anyway, like a commercial claim operation, some justify eating that, because they make no difference. 

On 9/12/2022 at 4:50 PM, Cat said:

Like some Buddhists he may believe he cannot take a life for his own meal, or eat a meal with an animal that has been killed in his honour (though this one theoretically gets awkward), but as long as they were going to be killed anyway, like a commercial claim operation, some justify eating that, because they make no difference. 

thats them Jains.

On 9/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Who put the bomp in bomashebomshbomp?

Who put the dang in the dangshebangshebang!?;

Could you please intro me to the 'dangshebangshebang' one? I think I've got a chance...