• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,384 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2022 at 5:32 PM, Cat said:

Oh that is sad. 

At least he died presumably bear-attack free? 

if that BS was true everyone would be an actor, singer, artist or writer.  No one to come unclog your toilet.  hollywood very destructive man feedin kids this BS.

sick-burn-logo.gif

31. Nothing Is Concrete

I was 17 and working at a pre-cast concrete company. I refused to use a rusted and unsafe ladder. When I voiced my concerns to the supervisor, his response shocked me. He called me a fairy and got up about seven rungs before his foot went through one of the rung.  I heard his foot snap as he fell. I called an ambulance and walked to my car in the parking lot. Bye!

33. Breaking Bad

On the first day of working at an Amazon warehouse, the manager explained to everyone how 15-minute breaks worked there.

Walking to the break room would be two and a half minutes. Then, there’d be 10 minutes of actual break and two and a half minutes of getting back to our stations. It took me two and a half minutes to walk to my car and I took a forever break.

On 10/5/2022 at 3:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's 3am here, and I'm yet to fall asleep. That's despite 6 medications taken specially to aid with sleep (3 which make me tired and drowsy, and 3 that are straight sleeping tablets), and I'm on medical cannabis treatment, and have 2 different oils (a CBD and a THC) to take at night, also for sleep. NOTHING. 

Lying here, wide-awake, watching as my cat, Chloe is having nice dreams while she's buried up against my chest, blissfully unaware of how jealous I am of her sleep right now. 

Edited by Cat

On 10/4/2022 at 12:10 PM, Cat said:

It's 3am here, and I'm yet to fall asleep. That's despite 6 medications taken specially to aid with sleep (3 which make me tired and drowsy, and 3 that are straight sleeping tablets), and I'm on medical cannabis treatment, and have 2 different oils (a CBD and a THC) to take at night, also for sleep. NOTHING. 

Dang. Mind Numbing. Prayers. I have relatives that have the same kind of thing but not as many meds to help. :( I feel you though.

Yeah it's a pain having to always have a small drawer of tablets with you if you're going away, but if that's my worst complaint, things are great. I feel sorry for your relatives who are doing it without the proper medications to help them along their journey. Strong people. Very strong people.