• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,402 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2022 at 9:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Best wishes for you! Get a good seat, you'll enjoy!

There were storms with tornadoes last Friday. Sorry if it came out of left field with your confused reaction. :cheers:

Enjoy the flick! Hopefully with popcorn and etc. :x

I was confused at how causally people were standing around while they could see a tornado. I'd a been out of there. 

Movies about to start! Dun dun dunnnnnn

On 11/6/2022 at 6:11 PM, kav said:

family my a**.  i would eat it all with vitamin pencils, and stay conic.

It's the only good coupon that comes in the junk mail, that and subway, so check your mail! 

mike!

bro can i borrow your car?
no i dont lend my car to anyone too many things can go wrong.
bro nothing is going to go wrong.
as soon as you can prove you can predict the future by picking the winning lotto numbers I'll let you borrow my car. 
Also watch some judge judys.
Edited by kav

On 11/6/2022 at 7:37 PM, Cat said:

I really enjoyed it. And I got my dream fulfilled, to see the JSA on the big screen. I can't decide who stole the show more: Dr Fate or Hawkman. Both had fantastic casting. 

For a 10:30am showing, there were quite a few people there. Behind us were a row of mentally disabled adults and their carers, more than a dozen in the group. They had a great time, and loved the movie! Their good experience only made me appreciate it more. 

So a happy time all round. 

jsa is awesome

On 11/6/2022 at 9:35 PM, kav said:

i hope its good i love dr fate

I saw it as a prescreen, I like it as much if not a little less than Shazam. That said I saw Shazam twice as a prescreen, as I thought it was awesome. So decent, no spoilers.

On 11/6/2022 at 9:37 PM, Cat said:

I really enjoyed it. And I got my dream fulfilled, to see the JSA on the big screen. I can't decide who stole the show more: Dr Fate or Hawkman. Both had fantastic casting. 

For a 10:30am showing, there were quite a few people there. Behind us were a row of mentally disabled adults and their carers, more than a dozen in the group. They had a great time, and loved the movie! Their good experience only made me appreciate it more. 

So a happy time all round. 

Amen! There were a lot of cheers when I saw it, somewhat the dialog allowed for it. I still say some of the cgi was made or intended for 3d. I never saw it listed in 3d though, but it was decent, and it had somewhat a build up and plot that was useful.

Nothing was over the top cool for me, but these days that would be hard to do haha.

I enjoyed it a lot though, I just thought Shazam kicked in the feels a different way. I won't say better, just different.

On 11/6/2022 at 7:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw it as a prescreen, I like it as much if not a little less than Shazam. That said I saw Shazam twice as a prescreen, as I thought it was awesome. So decent, no spoilers.

Amen! There were a lot of cheers when I saw it, somewhat the dialog allowed for it. I still say some of the cgi was made or intended for 3d. I never saw it listed in 3d though, but it was decent, and it had somewhat a build up and plot that was useful.

Nothing was over the top cool for me, but these days that would be hard to do haha.

I enjoyed it a lot though, I just thought Shazam kicked in the feels a different way. I won't say better, just different.

hated shazam.  stupid, corny.  the end was kinda neat with no more corny jokes.  jokesters in superhero films-wish that trope would stop.  there were no goofy jokesters in captain america.

On 11/6/2022 at 9:44 PM, kav said:

hated shazam.  stupid, corny.  the end was kinda neat with no more corny jokes.  jokesters in superhero films-wish that trope would stop.  there were no goofy jokesters in captain america.

Fair enough. I mostly enjoyed it because it gave me a comic movie I could discuss with my dad, who was born in 1940, and he had read Shazam, even remembered the origin without looking it up.

That said, I get where your coming from, but it was DC and it wasn't "dark", that I thought that was a nice change of pace. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/6/2022 at 7:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Fair enough. I mostly enjoyed it because it gave me a comic movie I could discuss with my dad who was born in 1940, and he had read Shazam, even remembered the origin without looking it up.

That said, I get where your coming from, but it was DC and it wasn't "dark", and I thought that was a nice change of pace. 

yeah the dark thing gotta stop too.  cant characters just be normal and believable?