• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,382 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2023 at 4:23 PM, FoggyNelson said:

She’s purity except I don’t recognize her❤️🥰

Evanescence band

On 12/18/2023 at 4:39 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Amy just turned 42 and is as beautiful as ever.

Amen! All 3 are 42 years of age, same as me. You'd think my birthday being in July that I'd be younger than "one" of them, but no, I'd still be robbing the cradle as they are all born in fall doh! 

On 12/18/2023 at 6:26 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I've had such a crush on Amy since I first heard her music back in 2000. I fell in love with her voice, and then I saw a picture of her and it was over. LOL. She's just incredible.

Amy Lee 💙.jpg

same feeling even without, or especially without, ahem make up. A natural beauty!

What song did it for you? Mine was when she put out a single of a Heart Shape Box. I don't like Nirvana as much anymore except select few, but more that I can play them on guitar as they're easy. I wasn't for all the get up, but she has a good heart as well  :) 

On 12/18/2023 at 7:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

same feeling even without, or especially without, ahem make up. A natural beauty!

What song did it for you? Mine was when she put out a single of a Heart Shape Box. I don't like Nirvana as much anymore except select few, but more that I can play them on guitar as they're easy. I wasn't for all the get up, but she has a good heart as well  :) 

I have several demos and live radio performances of Heart Shaped Box, long before they released it. I'm a HUGE collector of early Evanescence recordings.

For me there are a few, mostly from the early EPs and demos they put out. It's just her and the piano, no band, very little processing. The raw emotion of tracks like "Goodnight" and "Give Unto Me" and "October" (guitar instead of piano) just shoot right at my soul.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Man that was a throwback, (Heart shaped box), I had to go listen to it right quick to see if it still felt as subtle lol 

It isn't the best to show off her voice, but she DOES have many of those.

On 12/18/2023 at 6:37 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I have several demos and live radio performances of that, long before they released it. I'm a HUGE collector of early Evanescence recordings.

For me there are a few, mostly from the early EPs and demos they put out. It's just her and the piano, no band, very little processing. The raw emotion of tracks like "Goodnight" and "Give Unto Me" and "October" (guitar instead of piano) just shoot right at my soul.

Indeed. I'd say I still like the "person" more than the other 3 born same year, a little more down to earth, and or, a little more of "real talk" rather than hyperbole lol 

I've seen her mostly do charity functions, but doesn't need the extra flair for her talent, nor the hype machine :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
"charity"

I'd be glad to own such, as it is a deep thing when she performs, for me or someone connecting with music. Some of her subject matter isn't up my alley, but no denying talent :) and that basically goes for all 3 lol 

On 12/18/2023 at 4:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm wondering what is the best to tell people?

I was born the same year as 1) Britney Spears 2) Beyonce 3)Amy Lee

There was one other but I forget 

FB_IMG_1702760854805.jpg

I would have gone with same year as rogue and elektra first appeared in comics!