• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best galleries?

25 posts in this topic

I don't collect OA or care to, but I do love looking at some of the killer online vintage OA galleries. At the same time, I don't want to wade through galleries filled with lesser (but equally loved) pieces to get to those killer galleries... so... who's got the best ones? What are the CAF or Lowry names to click on? smile.gif

cheers

I don't collect OA or care to, but I do love looking at some of the killer online vintage OA galleries. At the same time, I don't want to wade through galleries filled with lesser (but equally loved) pieces to get to those killer galleries... so... who's got the best ones? What are the CAF or Lowry names to click on? smile.gif

cheers

It depends on where your interests lie 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

cheers

Your best off using the search feature,...

you like Romita,..well search 'Romita'...

ya like Frazetta,..well search 'Frazetta'

ya like Spider-man,..than search 'Spider-man'

you like Covers,...well than search 'Covers'

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY ?

And who of us is happy with what we've got ?! confused-smiley-013.gif

ME...

I went through your gallery.....starlin, larkin, byrne....yeah, i'd be pretty happy too.

MOst of my art is not up on my gallery right now. Not sure why not, but I do get concerned hearing all the arguments about devaluation, or lawsuits, etc. A collector I know who has a lot of covers too was just recently publically outed on the comicart-l that a cover he had on his site was never returned to the artist. What's up with that! Couldn't someone have contacted him privately? And, how is anyone to know whether the penciller had a claim to it anyway? Also, why do 'fresh' pieces that come to market seem to sell for more money and get more 'buzz'?? I'm not saying this is a fact, but something to think about. Anyway, enough rant. Suffice it to say, my gallery is the tip of the iceberg... or flake. don't mean to sound pompous, but thats the fact.. 893blahblah.gifDF

WHHHHHAAAAA Dan,

Are you saying you believe in 'The Krazy Kat Theory of Image Display -- and the corresponding Devalue Effect'* ?????????

* full paper available for $39.95

Ill be darned.

Without sounding like I'm supporting you or anything, there could be some truth to what you say. I have never denied it. Of course, the theory could be wrong too. I think until someone does an actual study... the jury is out. Who knows why all my art is not on my gallery... I'm a man of many moods... confused.gifgrin.gifwink.giftongue.gifcrazy.gifblush.giffrown.gifsmile.gifcool.gifmad.giflaugh.gifsmirk.gif

Huh Dan,...did you read my post,..I have done a study. If you want a copy PM me,...and Ill send you my address,..so that you can send me $39.95

PS - Godforbid you came off as supporting me,...sheesh.

I think it may devalue my reputation to mail you $39.95.... but, I am happy to read it gratis and give you a testimonial if I agree with it's findings.

Truthfully, I don't mind supporting you or anyone when they say something I agree with... I was just responding to some poster who said I was always sucking your A@@! hail.gif

Thanks for the tip guys.

Thanks to those who posted links - will check em out now.. smile.gif

As for the search feature, didn't really notice it before.

As for it being subjective, well of course, but... I think most people would rather look at a gallery full of frazetta than a bunch of convention sketches by lesser lights.. blush.gif

Thanks for the tip guys.

As for it being subjective, well of course, but... I think most people would rather look at a gallery full of frazetta is better than a bunch of convention sketches by lesser lights.. blush.gif

I don't know... I'd much rather look at a bunch of sketches and drawings by Infantino than a gallery of Frazettas. Or, a gallery of Luke McDonnells. Or, a gallery of Lightles or Starlins or Aparos. I guess I'm one of the few people like this. Comicartfans.com definitely has a good bunch of art for everyone to see. I agree that Jim Cardillo's gallery has some of the best pieces on the site. Many of mine were in his gallery once and a few of his were in mine.

Thanks for the tip guys.

As for it being subjective, well of course, but... I think most people would rather look at a gallery full of frazetta is better than a bunch of convention sketches by lesser lights.. blush.gif

I don't know... I'd much rather look at a bunch of sketches and drawings by Infantino than a gallery of Frazettas. Or, a gallery of Luke McDonnells. Or, a gallery of Lightles or Starlins or Aparos. I guess I'm one of the few people like this. Comicartfans.com definitely has a good bunch of art for everyone to see. I agree that Jim Cardillo's gallery has some of the best pieces on the site. Many of mine were in his gallery once and a few of his were in mine.

I'm kinda with matewan on this - I'd rather have a far reaching variety than a bunch of one type of art. But that is just personal preference. I guess that's why there is a search engine on CAF... and oh how I Iove that search engine...giggity giggity giggity! yay.gif