• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2023 at 10:28 AM, Dr. Balls said:

If you have an 80" tv or larger, just scooch your couch back ten feet and pay one of your kids to throw popcorn at you for two hours. Problem solved.

Even with 60“, as long as the sound system is up to the task. The docking scene with the Zimmer score has to rank as one of the great cinematic sequences. Incredible!

On 11/15/2023 at 10:27 AM, jsilverjanet said:

:roflmao:I take it back, you are comedy gold

My posts stand as a testimony against your words. Happy to openly discuss it here or elsewhere in detail if you have the courage to. 

On 11/15/2023 at 10:30 AM, jsilverjanet said:

whoa WALL OF TEXT!!!!

thanks confirming that you are the same person :fear:

That dude says more meaningful things in one paragraph than you have in your entire stay here. I wish I could write like him and I'm betting so do many others who won't admit it. 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I believe Comcast was referenced, the parent company for Universal. Just like all movie studios, they have had highs and lows. The reason comcast may be performing better is people streaming at home (they provide internet services, along with cable) and it's very expensive but the highest speed (in my area)

This statement makes no sense. 

Disney AND Universal stream at home. The question was, not whether "Universal had highs or lows" the question was "HOW IS UNIVERSAL WITH A LOWER ESG SCORE DOING COMPARED TO DISNEY WITH A HIGHER ESG SCORE"

You're either misdirecting on purpose or because you don't understand what's being discussed. 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I also want to point out something about Blumhouse, which is a darling in this thread. Historically Horror movies are one of the lowest budget, highest grossing genres

year after year you can make a very good horror movie with a small budget and find tremendous success (night of the living dead, blair witch etc)

so what Blumhouse is doing isn't anything revolutionary

More misdirection and misunderstanding. 

Blumhouse is not the "darling of this thread". Blumhouse is the DARLING OF HOLLYWOOD. 

Purge made $90Million on a $3Million dollar budget. That's 30 X their cost AND THEY HAD A THEME PARK BUILT AFTER THE MOVIE.

Purge 2 made $112Million on $9Million. That's 13 X

Purge 3 made $118Million on a budget of $9Million. That's 10X

Do you know any Marvel movie that made 10 X it's budget, let alone THIRTY TIMES IT'S BUDGET? :screwy:

Anybody, literally EVERYONE in Hollywood would love that sort of return on their money but can't get it under the old, lethargic, bloated, corporate, bureaucratic system. 

But the KEY POINT, which literally went over your head, is that by keeping the budget low though paying actors percentages rather than salaries, is that Blumhouse is able to

1) cut out the bloat of all the middle men keeping more profit for the actual people working on the movies rather than lining pockets of investors

2) gives Blumhouse FULL CREATIVE CONTROL of their films, something that has haunted Marvel for 15 years and has destroyed their product 

3) given Hollywood a new, successful formula to ditch the dead, bloated corpse of the old model and create TRUE ART for entertainment. 

Go watch Invisible Man. It was INCREDIBLE and it made $145Million on a $7Million budget. 

The FILM WAS RELEASED ON FEB 28 2 WEEKS BEFORE EVERYONE LOCKED DOWN and it STILL made 20 TIMES IT'S BUDGET. 

Good God, can you imagine multiplying your money like that EVERY TIME you put something out? And had Theme parks built about some of your films to boot?

Let the men converse. We know what we're talking about. lol

Can someone tell me what the largest grossing movie was PERCENTAGE WISE for Marvel? doh!

On 11/15/2023 at 11:31 AM, Mr Sneeze said:
On 11/15/2023 at 10:28 AM, Dr. Balls said:

If you have an 80" tv or larger, just scooch your couch back ten feet and pay one of your kids to throw popcorn at you for two hours. Problem solved.

Even with 60“, as long as the sound system is up to the task. The docking scene with the Zimmer score has to rank as one of the great cinematic sequences. Incredible!

Interstellar is one of the most captivating movies I've ever seen. My son's favorite. 

And I agree, the Zimmer score is part of what made that movie a masterpiece. Those underlying motifs that keep ringing through the movie, how grand it was, the depth to the story telling. 

That movie wrings every emotion out of me over and over. Can't say enough about it. 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:26 AM, VintageComics said:

And importantly, in that order. 

Greed saw the ESG movement grow exponentially (just like the asset bubble of 2021) and drop just as fast. 

The world was CONVINCED this was the way, and now that same system is encountering great resistance and is dropping. 

But it ABSOLUTELY was the preferred vehicle of investment for a few years and every graph, every bit of evidence, every ESG rating - every EVERYTHING supports that, including the profitability of the companies involved, the decision making and the outcomes. The math is there in black and white for anyone who doesn't completely ignore it. 

The reason (some) people are trying to ignore it is because accepting it as true and not working starts to unravel their own belief systems and the fact that this system is NOT profitable, means it's NOT sustainable.

The irony is that the entire premise of the concept of ESG was supposed to be SUSTAINABILITY and it can't even sustain itself. It's hilarious if it isn't so pathetic that someone even thought it could be sustained naturally when it's now on life support. 

YOU CAN'T CHANGE NATURE. 

You can polish this turd as much as you like but it’s still a polished turd!

On 11/15/2023 at 11:48 AM, Mr Sneeze said:

You can polish this turd as much as you like but it’s still a polished turd!

That's what everyone keeps saying but have yet to see a single discussion point effectively counter all the evidence. 

The only thing I've heard is "I haven't heard that or "it's a conspiracy" while SEVERAL credible posters in this thread worth their salt have brought in credible economic data as well as quotes from movie houses themselves addressing the same points and agreeing with my points.

So, thank you but until then, we'll agree to disagree. 

On 11/15/2023 at 10:26 AM, Dr. Balls said:

This is pretty much where I am on the whole thing. It's important to see the end of things before they happen, so you can adjust and keep things going. Marvel didn't do this, and DC fumbled along so poorly that even if they have the Most Amazing Plan Ever Thought Of for the new DCU, they are, like, 5 years too late and even the best ideas are not likely to bring the excitement back up.

I don't want to think this is the End of comic book movies, but there's a change coming for sure.

If they went back to letting the characters have personalities that don't fit into the current PC mold, they'd be fine. Thor, by that code, exudes "toxic masculinity." That's why he was so well-liked in the first movie. Taking that away by treating him like a defenseless buffoon ruined the character.

Tony Stark was a fantastic arrogant womanizing amoral plutocrat. Again, that is why he was so well-liked. Making him bow down to the altar of feminism ruined the character. The Tony Stark from Iron Man would never do that, and the audience doesn't want him to.

Pepper Potts was a perfect and appealing girl Friday, right up until Stark tossed her into the CEO job and she became a feminist avatar. It might be the same character played by the same actress, but I went from liking her to disliking her. She was fun no longer.

Jane Foster as an astrophysicist was a bit much, but at least she was ditzy. That made her a bit more likable, right up until she got to Asgard and was disrespectful to Odin.

Doctor Strange was Tony Stark without the womanizing, compensated by sublimated conceit. He was more knowledgeable than anyone else and knew it, but suffered the little people because that was his job. If they had objections, he swept them away. Again, a good, solid character. And then we get Multiverse of Madness. For the most part, he retains his good qualities, but making him inferior to Wong and the Scarlet Witch is not what I wanted to see, and certainly not multiple jokes designed to draw my attention to it.

Agnes Harkness was devious, faux-friendly, and despicable. An excellent villain I'd like to see more of.

The Scarlet Witch is easily the most interesting character in the MCU right now because she is a) schizophrenic, and b) a genuinely kind person who, c) is sometimes evil. If anyone should "lead" the MCU going forward, it should be her or Doctor Strange.

Ant-Man as a down on his luck man with a record was fun because he was fun. He had a sense of humor and was playful in most of interactions with other people. Letting himself be beaten by the Wasp in everything was tolerable in Ant-Man, less so in Ant-Man and the Wasp, but too much in Quantumania, when the combination of the three harpies of doom (Cassie, Wasp, and Janet van Dyne) made Ant-Man into a truly inferior and uninteresting character. If they brought back the jocular more self-confident version, he'd be fine.

The Guardians of the Galaxy, as a group, are terrific. As far as I am concerned, they suffered the least in the Marvel to Disney transition. Quill is more of a wimp, but that can be fixed. Mantis, however, has become annoying in a way she wasn't at first. She now has a cruel streak that is unappealing. My impression is that the filmmakers thought it would be funny to take the innocence from the character, because certain types of people love to do that kind of thing. Personally, I think she's better off the way she was.

Falcon is great on his own or as Captain America's partner. He is loyal and responsible, both of which are laudatory character traits. I do not like him as Captain America because I also like Captain America. Did they need a black Captain America so badly that they decided to retire one good character to replace him with another one Now, instead of two good characters, we only have one, and he's in the wrong costume. Sorry, I feel cheated. Putting Falcon in Steve Rogers' outfit just serves to remind me he doesn't belong there and that something I like is missing.

Captain America may be the most stable character in the MCU, likable from start to finish thanks to his earnestness, adherence to his code of principles, and honesty. The worst thing about the character is that they got rid of him. They could have swapped in another actor if they wanted to. The MCU needs a Steve Rogers. Eliminating him was a bad move. The good news is that they can always bring him back.

She-Hulk, apart from her "women are better than men" interactions with Hulk, is fine as-is. 

With other characters, we never got to see the fun version. The Eternals were boring to begin with, because they followed PC guidelines for behavior that didn't allow any personality to show through. Captain Marvel was less dull than the Eternals, but she was too taciturn to detect a personality. The script wanted her to be "strong" and that's all we get. A "strong" character, in the sense that she literally is physically strong, gives me no reason to like her or to be interested in her. She'd be a very quick speed date. Monica Rambeau doesn't leave much of an impression in WandaVision. She isn't unlikable but doesn't have an edge to make her interesting either. The Ms. Marvel character, though an obvious diversity hire, actually does have a personality. That is thanks in part to the actress who plays her and the fact that her race seems to have satisfied the PC script editors, so her personality wasn't confined to an ill-fitting feminist straightjacket like other female characters. Kang is dull, as was the High Evolutionary (though slightly less dull than Kang), Killmonger was one-dimensional like no other MCU characters (though I understand other people liked him), and Loki has been transformed from a man with intricate and interesting character flaws into something bland and utterly different.

The characters are not the issue. The way the characters have been represented lately on screen is the issue. That can be changed tomorrow if the will to do it is there.

On 11/14/2023 at 9:39 AM, jsilverjanet said:

for all the talk here, I'm curious how many actually go to the movies regularly

or is this how everyone hates modern comics but hasn't purchased a comic in over 20 years?

i go to many marvel and dc movies with my now 9 year old son. saw flash, saw antman quantumverse, even saw eternals together. neither of us had an iota of interest in marvels after seeing the preview (nor did i prior to seeing it).

On 11/15/2023 at 12:13 PM, alexgross.com said:

i go to many marvel and dc movies with my now 9 year old son. saw flash, saw antman quantumverse, even saw eternals together. neither of us had an iota of interest in marvels after seeing the preview (nor did i prior to seeing it).

Question.  Do you only go for Marvel/DC movies or do you see other stuff?  Last movie I saw was Killers of the Flower Moon (it was meh, suffered from being too long in my opinion).  I would say I see more non-superhero movies than super hero movies.  

On 11/15/2023 at 2:49 AM, sfcityduck said:

The late 1940s saw Timely shutter all superhero comics, DC shutter all superhero titles but Superman and Batman led titles (Sensation was shuttered but WW survived due to the contract for the rights), MLJ had already shuttered its superhero titles, Harvey switched Black Cat to horror etc. In the first half of the 1950s we saw a failed Atlas revival. Yeah … there was superhero fatigue. Audiences were moving on to PCH, Romance, Teen, and other genres.  The superhero boom lasted about a decade.

MCU is still very strong economically but not as strong as the glory days. So what? That reflects the inherent weakness of the unaging superhero concept - the characters have little real growth. The MCU didn’t really develop its characters it told the proven stories and killed them off or rebooted them. Will we see a MCU implosion?  I think so. It would be a healthy development.

One thing that has always bothered me about superheroes is this: they are designed to go after bullies and petty crime. In the real world, the worst bad guys cannot be dealt with by physical force. For them, the type of person who can meaningfully corral their evil designs will be a lawyer or an accountant, working as a lawyer or accountant. Sometimes a reporter, or even a humble secretary turned whistleblower, or a stick-up artist who witnesses something so shady he has to do the right thing. Beating people up as the one stop solution for all problems never struck me as sensible.

When I try to think of superhero characters in real life, they are like athletes who have normal, if well-compensated, lives. For instance, Steve Rogers might work for an insurance company. Everyone would know he is physically powerful and not to be trifled with, so no one is going to instigate a physical confrontation. About the only time he'd have an opportunity to express his physical power is in a gym. He wouldn't engage in competitions, because he has no competition. It wouldn't be fair. Unless he was one of those lawyers or accountants mentioned earlier, his physical strength would have no impact on the most serious types of crime.

The only exception to the scenarios described above is war. In war, then the physical abilities of superheroes are perfectly utilized. However, superheroes rarely encounter war-like situations. It happens, as in all of the Avengers movies, but not in the Spider-Man or Ant-Man movies (except Quantumania). Constantly settng up wars for them to fight is unrealistic, thus taking us away from the reason for thinking about this in the first place. A person who really had the physical abilities of a superhero would only run around town beating up muggers if the local DA wasn't doing her job. Therefore, the better solution is to deal with the DA, and not by beating her up.

On 11/15/2023 at 9:14 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Question.  Do you only go for Marvel/DC movies or do you see other stuff?  Last movie I saw was Killers of the Flower Moon (it was meh, suffered from being too long in my opinion).  I would say I see more non-superhero movies than super hero movies.  

saw the japanese anime SUZUME with him recently. i pretty much only see stuff that a 9 yr old can see though. for grownup films i wait until i can rent or stream at home. 

On 11/15/2023 at 10:54 AM, jsilverjanet said:

its really a great movie on many levels and one of my brothers think the whole "love" angle is a little much but I don't care, i think it's wonderful

I am amazed that Interstellar was as popular as it was. It was a long, slow, tedious, mountain of boredom. I saw it a second time just to be sure, given all the praise it received. Didn't like it any better.

I buy a lot of comics for $1 that I sell for 5x, 10x, and sometimes even 20x the initial investment, every once in a while I'll get a 100x one

in the end it's still $5, $10 and $20 and $100

I would rather buy $1000 comics and sell for 2x at $2000

On 11/15/2023 at 10:54 AM, jaybuck43 said:

I like data.  Not gut feeling, not beliefs, but hard data.  

Here are Disney's US box office receipts from 1996-2022, including their share of the US market by revenue.  These numbers are not adjusted for inflation and are how much they made in that year.

1996 $1,241,520,000 21%

2000 $1,463,251,000 19.1% 

2001 $1,497,514,000 17.8%

2004 $1,533,178,000 16.3%

2006 $1,523,934,000 16.2%

2009 $1,138,772,000 11.6%

2013 $1,488,360,000 15.7%

2014 $1,519,920,000 14.8%

2015 $2,495,660,000 22.38%

2016 $2,877,990,000 25.55%

2017 $2,378,860,000 21.64%

2018 $3,045,480,000 27.08%

2019 $4,410,230,000 39.22%

2020 $178,400,000 12.8%

2021 $1,158,300,000 25.7%

2022 $2,250,790,000 30.41%

Now, look at these numbers.  Disney has always been a billion dollar box office behemoth.  They are ALMOST always the number 1 box office share in the US going back more than two decades.  Disney has been engaged in ESG for well over 20 years.  In fact you can read their Corporate Responsibility Reports going back to the early 2000s.   Their embrace in those beliefs did not in any way change or "hurt" them.  As someone on here said, the math is not complicated.  Growth the entire period Disney has embraced ESG concepts.    

Universal #s

Year Movies in
Release
Market
Gross Tickets Sold Inflation-
Adjusted
Gross
Top-Grossing Movie Gross that Year
1995 21 12.54% $666,656,425 153,254,338 $1,613,768,179 Apollo 13 $172,036,360
1996 18 8.36% $482,379,703 109,135,672 $1,149,198,626 The Nutty Professor $128,814,019
1997 13 9.94% $614,947,075 133,975,392 $1,410,760,878 The Lost World: Jurassic Park $229,086,679
1998 19 5.88% $400,605,109 85,416,858 $899,439,515 Patch Adams $65,495,000
1999 23 12.73% $934,514,419 183,959,519 $1,937,093,735 The Mummy $155,385,488
2000 21 14.22% $1,070,765,560 198,657,793 $2,091,866,560 How the Grinch Stole Christmas $253,367,455
2001 17 11.44% $948,895,186 167,649,317 $1,765,347,308 The Mummy Returns $202,007,640
2002 20 9.67% $884,893,161 152,305,180 $1,603,773,545 A Beautiful Mind $132,929,755
2003 19 11.82% $1,087,018,447 180,268,390 $1,898,226,147 Bruce Almighty $242,704,995
2004 21 9.77% $906,814,175 146,024,817 $1,537,641,323 The Bourne Supremacy $176,087,450
2005 24 11.28% $992,449,332 154,828,275 $1,630,341,736 King Kong $168,505,310
2006 22 8.77% $804,919,026 122,888,389 $1,294,014,736 The Break-Up $118,703,275
2007 20 11.28% $1,102,122,027 160,192,145 $1,686,823,287 The Bourne Ultimatum $227,471,070
2008 21 11.02% $1,074,520,152 149,654,614 $1,575,863,085 Mamma Mia! $144,130,063
2009 21 8.44% $898,333,720 119,777,823 $1,261,260,476 Fast & Furious $155,064,265
2010 18 8.45% $885,837,281 112,273,422 $1,182,239,134 Despicable Me $251,203,225
2011 18 10.08% $1,025,035,016 129,260,406 $1,361,112,075 Fast Five $210,031,325
2012 17 12.43% $1,368,500,098 171,922,114 $1,810,339,860 Ted $218,665,740
2013 19 12.83% $1,396,510,275 171,772,471 $1,808,764,120 Despicable Me 2 $367,956,735
2014 19 10.74% $1,103,203,468 135,031,016 $1,421,876,598 Neighbors $150,086,800
2015 24 22.04% $2,458,753,995 291,667,141 $3,071,254,995 Jurassic World $652,270,625
2016 21 12.60% $1,419,511,562 164,105,372 $1,728,029,567 The Secret Life of Pets $368,384,330
2017 17 13.77% $1,513,519,872 168,731,305 $1,776,740,642 Despicable Me 3 $264,624,300
2018 23 14.80% $1,767,819,961 194,052,678 $2,043,374,699 Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom $417,719,760
2019 26 11.57% $1,302,915,010 142,239,629 $1,497,783,293 Us $175,084,580
2020 15 20.07% $398,745,236 42,374,620 $446,204,749 1917 $157,901,466
2021 19 14.57% $657,938,389 63,263,304 $666,162,591 F9: The Fast Saga $173,005,945
2022 22 20.92% $1,554,252,975 147,602,362 $1,554,252,872 Jurassic World: Dominion $376,851,080
2023 18 21.14% $1,649,369,429 156,635,264 $1,649,369,330 The Super Mario Bros. Movie $574,934,330

On 11/15/2023 at 11:47 AM, VintageComics said:

Interstellar is one of the most captivating movies I've ever seen. My son's favorite. 

And I agree, the Zimmer score is part of what made that movie a masterpiece. Those underlying motifs that keep ringing through the movie, how grand it was, the depth to the story telling. 

That movie wrings every emotion out of me over and over. Can't say enough about it. 

As I just wrote in reply to someone else, this movie didn't captivate me. I'm not sure why. It was definitely well done. Still, I saw it twice, and found it boring both times. The part I liked the most was the cinematography, which was excellent. Now that I'm thinking of it, I think the movie needed some tonal contrast. As I recall, it had the same tone all the way through, of unremitting doom as it slowly approached to engulf every character. Schindler's List had some excellent comedic moments, and those moments helped the movie a lot. I think something like that would have made Interstellar more appealing to me.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:42 PM, VintageComics said:

This one in particular jumps out at me. 

I spent years being utterly lambasted on here (unsolicited may I had - it all started simply because I politely disagreed with people and they escalated from there). Things started to get impolite because after months of piling on I started to bite back, which I have no problem to do but I'm generally very patient before that happens AND offer plenty of opportunities for people to de-escalate.

When I started to point out that there were pile-ons happening (and about 20-30 boardies agreed either publicly or privately) I was accused of playing the victim. doh!

Now, I genuinely don't care at this point but it's worth pointing out so that if it happens again people recognize it, and the greatest irony in all of this, was that pretty much EVERY SINGLE PERSON who went out of their way to emasculate or shame me publicly and then call me the victim, would probably give the shirt off of their backs to ACTUAL PEOPLE playing victims who have not accomplished anything else other than cry loud about their problems. lol

---------------------------------

This is all hilariously summed up by Jordan Peterson who encounters his own share of 'victims' protesting when he attends universities for lectures.

The way he avoids those protesters now?

He simply arranges his meetings at 8AM, a time when NONE of his detractors have the discipline to get up and protest him that early in the morning. :roflmao:

True victims. :wink:

So the world seems to end up defending the people who choose not to defend themselves but go after the ones who do. 

That man is a Canadian Hero!

I have been telling your fellow Canadian boardies that now for years!

On 11/15/2023 at 11:54 AM, jaybuck43 said:

I like data.  Not gut feeling, not beliefs, but hard data.  

But believing is seeing.  At least I think that's how the old axiom goes.  :wink:

Edited by namisgr

On 11/15/2023 at 12:26 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Universal #s

Year Movies in
Release
Market
Adjusted
Gross
1996 18 8.36% $482,379,703 109,135,672 $1,149,198,626 The Nutty Professor $128,814,019
1997 13 9.94% $614,947,075 133,975,392 $1,410,760,878 The Lost World: Jurassic Park $229,086,679
2000 21 14.22% $1,070,765,560 198,657,793 $2,091,866,560 How the Grinch Stole Christmas $253,367,455
2001 17 11.44% $948,895,186 167,649,317 $1,765,347,308 The Mummy Returns $202,007,640
2002 20 9.67% $884,893,161 152,305,180 $1,603,773,545 A Beautiful Mind $132,929,755
2003 19 11.82% $1,087,018,447 180,268,390 $1,898,226,147 Bruce Almighty $242,704,995
2004 21 9.77% $906,814,175 146,024,817 $1,537,641,323 The Bourne Supremacy $176,087,450
2007 20 11.28% $1,102,122,027 160,192,145 $1,686,823,287 The Bourne Ultimatum $227,471,070
2008 21 11.02% $1,074,520,152 149,654,614 $1,575,863,085 Mamma Mia! $144,130,063
2009 21 8.44% $898,333,720 119,777,823 $1,261,260,476 Fast & Furious $155,064,265
2010 18 8.45% $885,837,281 112,273,422 $1,182,239,134 Despicable Me $251,203,225
2013 19 12.83% $1,396,510,275 171,772,471 $1,808,764,120 Despicable Me 2 $367,956,735
2015 24 22.04% $2,458,753,995 291,667,141 $3,071,254,995 Jurassic World $652,270,625
2016 21 12.60% $1,419,511,562 164,105,372 $1,728,029,567 The Secret Life of Pets $368,384,330
2017 17 13.77% $1,513,519,872 168,731,305 $1,776,740,642 Despicable Me 3 $264,624,300
2018 23 14.80% $1,767,819,961 194,052,678 $2,043,374,699 Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom $417,719,760
2021 19 14.57% $657,938,389 63,263,304 $666,162,591 F9: The Fast Saga $173,005,945
2022 22 20.92% $1,554,252,975 147,602,362 $1,554,252,872 Jurassic World: Dominion $376,851,080
2023 18 21.14% $1,649,369,429 156,635,264 $1,649,369,330 The Super Mario Bros. Movie $574,934,330

Those numbers appear to be slightly off.  For instance, 2022 I have $1,693,500,000 for a total of 22.88%

On 11/15/2023 at 12:26 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Universal #s

Year Movies in
Release
Market
Adjusted
Gross

I just checked, those numbers are ONLY Universal, not including Universal owned subsidiaries (i.e. Focus Features).  I include all subsidiaries.  

On 11/15/2023 at 8:15 AM, VintageComics said:

So...bad story telling. 

We ALL agree on that but you just can't label bad storytelling as fatigue. That's disingenuous and misleading. 

That's like saying the reason many people disliked Lennon's work when he was with Yoko was because he was no longer a Beatle. No. They just didn't like Yoko so it's a complete misdirection of the facts. 

"Bad storytelling" is the product put out by a media company.

"Fatigue" is what viewers feel when they are no longer excited by the product put out by a media company.

No one is confusing those two concepts and labeling "bad storytelling" as audience "fatigue."

But "bad storytelling" does NOT mean centering a film on strong women characters as some here appear to be arguing.  

Nor is "bad storytelling" departing from Marvel Comics' "heritage" view of the characters by introducing a <gasp> Latino Spider-Man or a female Captain Marvel.   

"Bad storytelling" is simply failing to tell a story which is sufficiently entertaining, meaningful, or engaging.