• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2023 at 5:04 PM, VintageComics said:

I stopped face palming, eye rolling and telling people what I didn't like about them as a non-constructive tool a long time ago. Total waste of resources, but you do you. 

I learned that from Jordan Peterson. It really is refreshing to live a life of gratitude than one of bitterness. Have a good one. 

You did that to Prince Namor earlier today. 

for a minute I thought I was in the water cooler

don't like a response or shoots down your narrative

"you misunderstand what is being discussed"

"you moved the goal posts"

"you don't have anything to contribute, go elsewhere"

some things haven't changed

On 11/15/2023 at 5:04 PM, VintageComics said:

I stopped face palming, eye rolling and telling people what I didn't like about them as a non-constructive tool a long time ago. Total waste of resources, but you do you. 

I learned that from Jordan Peterson. It really is refreshing to live a life of gratitude than one of bitterness. Have a good one. 

Just checked.  You did that to @jsilverjanet

Do I have to continue? 

On 11/16/2023 at 5:16 AM, jsilverjanet said:

for a minute I thought I was in the water cooler

don't like a response or shoots down your narrative

"you misunderstand what is being discussed"

"you moved the goal posts"

"you don't have anything to contribute, go elsewhere"

some things haven't changed

It was my mistake. 

I accidentally steered the conversation away from Roy or what Roy wanted it to be. 

On 11/15/2023 at 5:08 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Thanks.  I use the same source when compiling my numbers, but dump their full data and resort based on ownership structure.  They treat Focus and Universal as separate companies, even though they are all owned by Comcast.

On 11/15/2023 at 4:14 PM, Buzzetta said:

You did that to me a few days ago, when I commented on one of Paqart's post.

On 11/15/2023 at 4:14 PM, Buzzetta said:

On 11/15/2023 at 10:44 AM, VintageComics said:

Let the men converse. We know what we're talking about. lol

@Buzzetta you either misunderstood or are misdirecting. stop playing dumb

On 11/15/2023 at 4:18 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Thanks.  I use the same source when compiling my numbers, but dump their full data and resort based on ownership structure.  They treat Focus and Universal as separate companies, even though they are all owned by Comcast.

I wasn't aware of that

the point I was making about Comcast is they own a ton of properties just like Disney in various fields, that their success (which was attributed to Universal) is due to many properties and cannot be 1:1 comparison Disney/MCU movies to Universal

heck they even own...OMG, hide your kids and your wife - MSN

:ohnoez:

On 11/15/2023 at 5:14 PM, Buzzetta said:

You did that to me a few days ago, when I commented on one of Paqart's post.

On 11/15/2023 at 5:14 PM, Buzzetta said:

The qualifier I used was "in a non-constructive way". To me, there is a difference between going out of your way to mock someone like this without anything constructive added:

On 11/15/2023 at 4:59 PM, Mr Sneeze said:

He has no idea how long it took to find that triple face palm!

...and adding an emoji at the end of a thought out, constructive post. 

You guys may not understand that because most of the time you just end up trying to shame people you disagree with.

Anyway, I'm not trying to make this thread about me and I'm going to stop replying to the snickers so that doesn't become about me. 

(thumbsu

On 11/15/2023 at 8:26 AM, VintageComics said:

And importantly, in that order. 

Greed saw the ESG movement grow exponentially (just like the asset bubble of 2021) and drop just as fast. 

The world was CONVINCED this was the way, and now that same system is encountering great resistance and is dropping. 

But it ABSOLUTELY was the preferred vehicle of investment for a few years and every graph, every bit of evidence, every ESG rating - every EVERYTHING supports that, including the profitability of the companies involved, the decision making and the outcomes. The math is there in black and white for anyone who doesn't completely ignore it. 

The reason (some) people are trying to ignore it is because accepting it as true and not working starts to unravel their own belief systems and the fact that this system is NOT profitable, means it's NOT sustainable.

The irony is that the entire premise of the concept of ESG was supposed to be SUSTAINABILITY and it can't even sustain itself. It's hilarious if it isn't so pathetic that someone even thought it could be sustained naturally when it's now on life support. 

YOU CAN'T CHANGE NATURE. 

Roy,

i and many countless others on these boards appreciate your ability to succinctly post the type of thoughts that 80% of the board members all have 

but that many are too fearful to posts themselves because they just want to fit in and don't want to cause a disturbance by pointing out truths..

On 11/15/2023 at 4:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

Just checked.  You did that to @jsilverjanet

Do I have to continue? 

you are mistaken and you misunderstood

I was out of line having logic/facts and a different opinion

On 11/16/2023 at 5:23 AM, VintageComics said:

The qualifier I used was "in a non-constructive way". To me, there is a difference between going out of your way to mock someone like this without anything constructive added:

Good point, Roy  

Ill be constructive.

You are so Pompously Unaware of yourself it's almost comical.

At least I intentionally KNOW when I'm being a Pompous JA. 

Anyway, I'm not trying to make this thread about me

Case in point. 

and I'm going to stop replying to the snickers so that doesn't become about me. 

(thumbsu

Too late. So unaware. 

But thanks for coming along and hijacking another thread with your veiled politics. 

On 11/15/2023 at 4:10 PM, Prince Namor said:

No. It's not. 
If you continuously tell the same story: 'Cosmic Menace wants to destroy the Universe - Everything goes back to normal afterwards', people will tire of that. 

You know what will happen before you see it. 

That's why most sequels DON'T do as well as the original, because audiences mostly know how things will end up. You can dress it up in different flavors for a while but generally speaking, Marvel has beaten this horse to death. 

No. It's not like that at all. 
That's why people didn't like some of Lennon's solo work, but that's not the same thing as this. 
If Lennon's work was merely the same thing as his Beatles work and people grew bored hearing the same old thing, THAT would be comparable. 

The example you use is more along the lines of people hate Captain Marvel because she's not the 'White Male Superhero' they're used to. It's different than what they know, so they don't like it. 

Think of how many people went to see Titanic because they were curious if the ship made it to New York.

On 11/15/2023 at 5:27 PM, 1950's war comics said:

ability to succinctly post

I have to disagree with this part.  Even if Roy types something true, it is rarely succinctly.  lol

On 11/15/2023 at 5:31 PM, bentbryan said:

Do NOT let that happen again :sumo:

I’m not for sure it’s ever happened before!

On 11/15/2023 at 5:32 PM, Mr Sneeze said:

It didn’t make it?

I think it took a detour to Mexico.