• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

not complaining, but nine months

6 posts in this topic

I've sent comics to CGC for pressing and grading before. The process usually takes about four or five months.  I'm wondering if others are having this long delay on returning comics back to them since its been nine months here.

I'm pretty sure CGC has both pressing and submission turnaround times posted on their website.  Of course those are estimates and vary to some extent based when you submitted.  But they are not so far off of from your experiences, so it would be reasonable to estimate your experience is not unique.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:15 AM, delsam.79 said:

I've sent comics to CGC for pressing and grading before. The process usually takes about four or five months.  I'm wondering if others are having this long delay on returning comics back to them since its been nine months here.

Yeah, delays have increased. As written on their website, the total time right now for an economy book that is being pressed and graded is 358 working days, so 17 months.

That's the worst case (longer waiting time) depending on tier. And if that's the one you picked, well you are halfway there.

Edited by William-James88

Thanks for the response, i've been thinking for a while that they need to hire people and expand since these long turn around times are the norm.  i decided to get nosy and google map their facility in Florida. it's tiny with small parking lot, fifty or so people working there it looks like

I'm at 25 weeks since delivery to CGC for 20 moderns I am just having graded, not pressed, and they are still showing "scheduled for grading". The TAT at the time of submission was 85 days. Looks like they are going to be off by about 50%.If you suck that bad at estimating then you shouldn't even do it. I was thinking about how ridiculous that "scheduled for grading" label is. The definition of scheduled is that an event has been given a definitive date and time for it to happen. That is why you just about never see the word associated with a specific event without a date and time also present. If it's scheduled then tell me when it's scheduled for. Duh! I think this company just mixes and matches definitions to common English words to suit it's needs. Like when they call a wild guess an estimate, or denote that something is "scheduled" when it is really just sitting is a queue getting leapfrogged by fast track books. Well at least one aspect of the operation is running smoothly and ahead of schedule, credit card processing.