• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Comic Book supplies online options - Update and a new question
4 4

28 posts in this topic

I placed an order with Hot Flips for a 1000 silver age bags and boards to start the process of changing out old supplies. The fit is tight, not to where it buckles but it will not hold the 80 100 page and prestige size books in my collection. What do I use for those size books: same bag smaller board? I thought the next size up is golden.

Also, I am confused(shrug) about Mylars. I get the mylite 2's cause I have them but most of the mylar I have is from getting it with the purchase of the book

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

On 5/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, mytastebud said:

I placed an order with Hot Flips for a 1000 silver age bags and boards to start the process of changing out old supplies. The fit is tight, not to where it buckles but it will not hold the 80 100 page and prestige size books in my collection. What do I use for those size books: same bag smaller board? I thought the next size up is golden.

Also, I am confused(shrug) about Mylars. I get the mylite 2's cause I have them but most of the mylar I have is from getting it with the purchase of the book

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

So it looks like your bags are 10 1/4, but your boards are 10 1/2, so that's going to be a snug fit. Are the boards straight up "Silver Age" boards, or are they "Silver/Golden Age" boards? Depending on the company producing them, that can make a difference.

On 5/5/2022 at 12:13 PM, F For Fake said:

So it looks like your bags are 10 1/4, but your boards are 10 1/2, so that's going to be a snug fit. Are the boards straight up "Silver Age" boards, or are they "Silver/Golden Age" boards? Depending on the company producing them, that can make a difference.

1st picture shows the product in packaging and the second shows the married result.

On 5/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, F For Fake said:

I think you are looking at the wrong dimension (that's the height), but I think your point stands, 1/8" just doesn't leave a lot of room inside.

On 5/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, mytastebud said:

The fit is tight, not to where it buckles but it will not hold the 80 100 page and prestige size books in my collection. What do I use for those size books: same bag smaller board? I thought the next size up is golden.

There are bags out there called "Silver thick" that has a little bit more room that would work for you, and isn't really loose with that board.

On 5/5/2022 at 5:12 PM, ttfitz said:

I think you are looking at the wrong dimension (that's the height), but I think your point stands, 1/8" just doesn't leave a lot of room inside.

There are bags out there called "Silver thick" that has a little bit more room that would work for you, and isn't really loose with that board.

Oh duh, you’re right. Would you believe I’m waiting on my new bifocals to arrive? It’s not a good excuse, but it’s true!

On 5/5/2022 at 10:13 PM, F For Fake said:

Oh duh, you’re right. Would you believe I’m waiting on my new bifocals to arrive? It’s not a good excuse, but it’s true!

I probably wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for the fact that the BOARD was bigger than the BAG, which made NO sense. lol

What size bags and boards does CCG send you in the shipping kits? These have been out of stock for quite sometime, and I can send them myself to CGC. I like the snug fit of these specific bags and boards for silver/bronze/copper books. I’ve looked around a bit and they don’t specifically say which bags and boards are included in the shipping kits.