• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else over the Promise Collection?
6 6

235 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 5:42 PM, szav said:

the rarity of good FH color strikes on high grade copies in general. 

I have learned at great cost never to let go of good color strikes on FH books even in lesser grades. I used to imagine that higher grade copies would eventually turn up - I was wrong.

Here's the Promise Planet #35, which sold for $22,800, compared with my former lowly copy, which cost me around $400 a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away!

lf.jpg

lf2.jpg

On 1/26/2022 at 11:18 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

I have learned at great cost never to let go of good color strikes on FH books even in lesser grades. I used to imagine that higher grade copies would eventually turn up - I was wrong.

Here's the Promise Planet #35, which sold for $22,800, compared with my former lowly copy, which cost me around $400 a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away!

lf.jpg

lf2.jpg

Exactly. It’s amazing how many ignorant people are simply seduced by the number in the top left and not the book it’s self. A fool and his money…

On 1/26/2022 at 2:38 PM, William-James88 said:

How about the examples of heavy dust shadow on high grade books? You ok with those?

In regards to the color and level of preservation of the Promise Collection I can't see how a dust shadow matters. Those are totally separate criteria for evaluating a book. Otherwise it really is up to each person's preference whether a dust shadow bothers them. I have books with dust shadows in my collection that I have paid many multiples of guide for. Try finding a nice Adventure 61. In this discussion one size does not fit all, but many who have an issue with some of the Promise books (either grading, pricing, or in this case dust shadows) apply those feelings to all of the Promise books.

adventure61.jpg

superman9.jpg

national19.jpg

morefun70.jpg

fightingyank6.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock