• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Cole Hero Worship Thread.
2 2

184 posts in this topic

Don't do it DM..... that book is awesome !! I'll bet you can score a mid grade copy for not too much. I got this copy from Sharon :cloud9:

Police11.jpg

You gonna keep rubbing that one in my face, eh? :frustrated:

That's a lab cover that I "need" too.

Is there a scene anything like it in the Plastic man story?

It's G Fox, not Cole, right? (Maybe that's the discssion -- I didn't read back very far.)

Jack

Don't do it DM..... that book is awesome !! I'll bet you can score a mid grade copy for not too much. I got this copy from Sharon :cloud9:

Police11.jpg

It's G Fox, not Cole, right? (Maybe that's the discssion -- I didn't read back very far.)

Jack

Not exactly. There is the Jeckyl/Hyde mad scientist thing goin' on (and surgical scene), but the closest thing to a laboratory I found in this issue of Police was relegated to the Spirit origin story (taken from the first newspaper "comic book" appearance). hm

Note: I checked my microfiche of this issue; no slab was harmed in the completion of this production. (thumbs u

heh heh ..... always looking for an excuse to show it off HC

and when did you start collecting World's Finest???

I didn't. I just thought it was a cool lookin book and happened to be the highest bidder. Got in the auctions for comicdonna. It has some great ads inside for Sensation #1 and Green Lantern #1 among others !! (thumbs u

Police11.jpg

Jack

Not exactly. There is the Jeckyl/Hyde mad scientist thing goin' on (and surgical scene), but the closest thing to a laboratory I found in this issue of Police was relegated to the Spirit origin story (taken from the first newspaper "comic book" appearance). hm

Note: I checked my microfiche of this issue; no slab was harmed in the completion of this production. (thumbs u

I couldn't find any labratory scenes either, but heres a couple of test tube scenes that sort of relate. (on a side note, this story is two issues before Woozy's first appearance...... and look at that guys shirt and face. hm )

Page 2 .....

Policepanel11-2.jpg

and page 4 .....

Policepanel11-4.jpg

Edited by Senormac

and pages 3 and 4 of the Mr. Aqua story ......

Plas25mraquapg3.jpg

Plas25pg4.jpg

Mike, these pages are brilliant. :applause: Nice to see more from the 'Plas meets the Golden Age Splash Brannigan' story. Can't help thinking about it that way, now the idea's burned in. (shrug)

Cole's stories often contained both light and dark moments. Aside from his astonishing artistic skill, it was his ability to effortlessly shift the mood of a story which made me realise I was reading something very special.

this is the earliest example of Cole i could find (at least i think this is Cole). From Funny Pages #12 (Sept '37)

37-09%20Funny_Pages_012F-50.jpg

That is one old cartoon HC. It reminds me of Dr. Suess for some reason :)