• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Cole Hero Worship Thread.
2 2

184 posts in this topic

OK, maybe I am just seeing things, but I have read a lot of Plastic Man stories and I know that Jack Cole had a clever sense of humour. On the second page of the Comet story that was posted here earlier, there is a moving truck shown. Is that a dirty word on the side of the truck? Did Mr. Cole slip one in there? Maybe I am wrong, but it sure looks like it.

Sam

OK, maybe I am just seeing things, but I have read a lot of Plastic Man stories and I know that Jack Cole had a clever sense of humour. On the second page of the Comet story that was posted here earlier, there is a moving truck shown. Is that a dirty word on the side of the truck? Did Mr. Cole slip one in there? Maybe I am wrong, but it sure looks like it.

Sam

hm - :o - :roflmao: I think you have a keen eye, son!

Sam

Sam, in a 17 page thread it's helpful to list what page you're asking about (it's page 10). (thumbs u

I think you indeed have a sharp eye - I missed that one. :D

Sam

Wow. Very sharp. :applause:

Thanks guys! :acclaim:

Technically, Jack's art was Cole portered into the "What Hitler And Axis Covers Comics Do You Have?" thread too, but Jack didn't do the cover and I'm not cracking open the slab to scan the interior stories he worked on. :sorry:

Fixed: I haven't unveiled the front cover scan yet, but The back cover is a doozy too. :grin:

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Since this is just the cover but without the text box we finally get to see what's in the lower left corner!

Unfortunately, it's not much. :sorry:

interior page from Daredevil 21

Daredevil%252520021%252520int%252520JCb.jpg