• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Brunner Collection
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I purchased a Police Comics #14 in a competitor slab, that reads "From the personal collection of Frank Brunner" - which I thought was cool being an OG off the shelf Marvel 1970's buyer particularly Red Sonja #12 and Howard the Duck #1.

But, what I can't figure out is - what was/is the extent of his collection?  Are there a lot, or a few of these books out there? are many more still held by Frank Brunner? A lot of GA?  are they mainly within a few titles? Why, or how, were they collected and by same token sold?

Anyone know the backstory?

Edited by path4play

On 1/17/2022 at 9:19 AM, path4play said:

I purchased a Police Comics #14 in a competitor slab, that reads "From the personal collection of Frank Brunner" - which I thought was cool being an OG off the shelf Marvel 1970's buyer particularly Red Sonja #12 and Howard the Duck #1.

But, what I can't figure out is - what was/is the extent of his collection?  Are there a lot, or a few of these books out there? are many more still held by Frank Brunner? A lot of GA?  are they mainly within a few titles? Why, or how, were they collected and by same token sold?

Anyone know the backstory?

I've bought and commissioned a fair amount of work from Frank before. It was mostly Original Art, almost all of which he has sold off. As far as comics, he collected a lot of Golden Age from what I saw being sold. I remember a couple years ago when I started seeing all his books hit mycomicshop.com. it wasn't a massive collection, but it was good stuff. He liked Fine, Eisner, and the other Greats for sure. I'll shoot him an email and see if I can find out how many total he had.