• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I become certified to grade comics?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. I am not aware of any specific training or courses that can be taken to become a grader. CGC primarily seeks graders who have experience in collecting and grading modern or vintage comics, or both. Knowledge of CGC's grading standards and services, comic book history, creators, restoration detection, pedigrees, variants and market values are considered important aspects of this experience. Newly hired graders are trained on CGC's exclusive grading standards before they become part of the team. You can check out our website for any available grader positions and the requirements for those positions here: List of Available Positions | CCG (collectiblesgroup.com)

If you hare any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

I have been interested in this question in the past but have not found anything specialized, you can learn general courses to be specialized in this field but not concrete what you want. You can try taking some courses here https://edubirdie.com/essay-writing-services-reviews, it's quite a popular service and specializes on many domains, but I recommend reading about essay writing review first to be sure if it will suit you.

Edited by Raymond Gaskyn

On 1/18/2022 at 9:35 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. I am not aware of any specific training or courses that can be taken to become a grader. CGC primarily seeks graders who have experience in collecting and grading modern or vintage comics, or both. Knowledge of CGC's grading standards and services, comic book history, creators, restoration detection, pedigrees, variants and market values are considered important aspects of this experience. Newly hired graders are trained on CGC's exclusive grading standards before they become part of the team. You can check out our website for any available grader positions and the requirements for those positions here: List of Available Positions | CCG (collectiblesgroup.com)

If you hare any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

:butbutbutemoji:

On 1/17/2022 at 7:41 PM, Anson said:

Does anyone know how I can become certified to grade comics?  Is there a course, training, or internship program?  Should I look at college course offerings?  How does one learn this trade??

I offer unpaid internships.  Grading comics is a hands on experiance.