• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I High: what are the chances of a bump up in grade AF15
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Just wondering if there is a chance I could get a bump up in grade if I remove the glue and tape and press the book. I know tape doesn't count as restoration so would removing it just drop the grade ? Or should I just count my blessings and hide in my attic with my book.

20220117_092654.thumb.jpg.af82b7915d309e96d0195b43d9f627b1.jpg20220117_092704.thumb.jpg.03046a5e50f9c23bd6e4ab0c574e3a0f.jpg

I think best case scenario I could see is 3.0 with that chunk out of the back. And that is if removing the glue doesnt damage the book more. 

As far as 2.0s go, yours would probably sell near the higher end due to appearance.

If the cost to resub and remove is worth a bump to 2.5, maybe try it? I am not one who can afford this level so my knowledge atm of pricing for one is not up to snuff. 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:47 PM, KCOComics said:

Gorgeous book and it looks like the BC holds back the grade, which is exactly what you want. 

I'm curious, why the glue got a blue label and not a purple? I've seen other not blue labels with glue noted. 

I have a SC #22 with a blue label 4.5. It has "small amount of glue on spine." So it's is possible, but unlikely.

I would leave it. It was bought this way. Honestly, some of you guys have more money than you know what to do with. I can't afford a book like that and I bet many other members can't either. Be happy with what you have and don't jigger the good thing you got going here. A lot - a LOT - of people here have serious grievances against CGC and CCS for wrecking their valuable books.

I wouldn't let them touch this weeks "TV Guide" at this point say nothing about an AF 15.