• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Benefit from press?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I have some comics I'd like to press and have in the best condition even if they don't improve the grade and just look more clean. However, I'm worried about the books being damaged from pressing. I'm considering the screening, but have never done it before and I'm not sure it's worth the additional expense? Anyway, take a look and any thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you

IMG_6282.JPG

IMG_6283.JPG

IMG_6300.JPG

IMG_6301.JPG

IMG_6359.JPG

IMG_6360.JPG

IMG_6361.JPG

IMG_6362.JPG

Most of the damage is color breaking so pressing wouldn't make much of difference but a cleaning would definitely help the grades. Also IMO not worth screening with older books since the grades may vary plus you need 25 books. I'd just get these guys slabbed. I'm jealous! Some great books to have in a collection!

I'm wary of pressing anything before 1970. 

And some books are mid and low grade. They won't improve much through manipulation. Their flaws tell a story of ownership and enjoyment. Pressing sometimes ruins that.