• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jonboy Meyers $1,000 Sig opportunity

10 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 8:57 AM, thesink said:

Is anyone taking up Jonboy on the $1,000 signature option? In my opinion this is ridiculous. $75 for any comic other than BRZKR, if its a BRZKR it's $1,000. Jonboy says its the only time he will sign a BRZKR.

I love it.  Hopefully he's got a stack of them he plans to CGC and sell himself for $600 each, hoping that people think they're getting a good deal.  I have no idea if it will work, but worth a shot to me.

Not me, I never really cared for the Waltons.

On 1/26/2022 at 3:50 PM, Ryan. said:

I interpret this as somewhere between a joke and a social experiment. 

he's got randos on a comics forum talking about it.  That's something.  Maybe its so people think his normal price sig is more worthwhile too.  

"What??  For a thousand bucks I can buy 10 of his normal sig! So I guess I'll do that!"  AND... boom someone who was going to submit 3 books is now submitting 7-10 books or whatever.  I don't KNOW that's his strategy, but it might be his experiment (or joke), and to get people talking about it (and the comic).

For what its worth, I've had him sign some trading cards (for free) in person he did the art for while back when he was less but still somewhat famous.  He was perfectly nice and polite.  I'm not saying that justifies any price of signing, that's up to the individual.

I"m pretty much cool with whatever prices or terms these artists set for signings, as long as you make things very clear up front, don't lie, and don't commit a crime.  Other than that, happy to let the market decide.

Edited by revat

On 1/26/2022 at 5:58 PM, revat said:

he's got randos on a comics forum talking about it.  That's something.  Maybe its so people think his normal price sig is more worthwhile too.  

"What??  For a thousand bucks I can buy 10 of his normal sig! So I guess I'll do that!"  AND... boom someone who was going to submit 3 books is now submitting 7-10 books or whatever.  I don't KNOW that's his strategy, but it might be his experiment (or joke), and to get people talking about it (and the comic).

For what its worth, I've had him sign some trading cards (for free) in person he did the art for while back when he was less but still somewhat famous.  He was perfectly nice and polite.  I'm not saying that justifies any price of signing, that's up to the individual.

I"m pretty much cool with whatever prices or terms these artists set for signings, as long as you make things very clear up front, don't lie, and don't commit a crime.  Other than that, happy to let the market decide.

Agree completely, charge whatever you want for whatever you want as long as it’s concise and clear what’s being paid for. 

Of course anyone can charge whatever they like for whatever reason and if insufficiently_thoughtful_persons pay it then insufficiently_thoughtful_persons pay it.

But I still think it's a chump move, not fan forward at all. I'd much rather he outright say "f&#k you, I'm not signing your books you insufficiently_thoughtful_person" than pull this "sure insufficiently_thoughtful_person I'll sign... for $1000". Get over yourself guy.