• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think - grading issue

13 posts in this topic

Had two comics returned graded. Same exact grade. I went into it assuming one would be graded much higher than the other. One appears almost flawless by my inspection and the other has multiple visible issues you he naked eye. Thoughts? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I once submitted 2 copies of ASM 300. I bought them from two diff sellers. They both came back 5.5. Seemed fishy to me as they both looked MUCH better than 5.5s. I cracked them and still have them raw. Someday Ill press and resub, see what happens.

Edited by lostboys

On 1/26/2022 at 10:33 AM, lostboys said:

I once submitted 2 copies of ASM 300. I bought them from two diff sellers. They both came back 5.5. Seemed fishy to me as they both looked MUCH better than 5.5s. I cracked them and still have them raw. Someday Ill press and resub, see what happens.

Have grader notes to share?

On 1/26/2022 at 10:53 AM, lostboys said:

I sure do if you can tell me how to access subs from 3 years back. I dont have the #s anymore. 

Guess the answer is no. I copy/paste all my notes and file them away for a rainy day.That was before CGC gave us all access.

Would have been interesting to compare those notes with the notes if you press and resub.

Edited by jokiing

On 1/26/2022 at 1:59 PM, jokiing said:

Guess the answer is no. I copy/paste all my notes and file them away for a rainy day.That was before CGC gave us all access.

Would have been interesting to compare those notes with the notes if you press and resub.

All I remember from the notes is light or moderate finger bends

There was a ASM 316 in that lot too and it also came back a 5.5. That one I sold on Ebay because I already onwed a 9.4.

Imagine getting those 3 books back, all graded 5.5...all bought from diff places. And this was my first ever sub to cgc.

I was pissed off.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:26 AM, jokiing said:

May be helpful to know the assigned grades.

it would be extremely helpful, and honestly not worth commenting without knowing the grades.