• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do not post to or from Australia.
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Aust Post / StarTrack are completely broken.

I was told to my face at a regional post office that all parcels were being taken to the airport and stored (domestic and internatioal) as there aren't enough pilots, planes or truck drivers (let alone warehousemen) to deal with the backlog.

My query online was the 46th million  this year.

Need proof - here's tracking for my 'express post ' item.

Complete joke.

Capture.thumb.JPG.d4fd5ad9460d43a9e33006a6f656fbe6.JPG

I've tried to get it RTS - but at the moment - they don't even know which warehouse complex it's in - let alone a specific one.

Oh yeah - value $7500

And of course it's not 'lost' because the tracking says so.

Guys, don't send stuff from Australia to anywhere overseas - and I would advise caution (contact your local PO) to check USA have flights to carry the items to Australia (once here and through customs they seem to get delivered) -  it's flying them here thats the issue.

It's a shambles.

Edited by Beige

On 1/28/2022 at 10:44 PM, KCOComics said:

I didn't realize this.  I just sent a couple of comics to Australia without a problem. 

On 1/29/2022 at 12:40 AM, marmat said:

I sent a package to Australia last week, I hope it will arrive. 

If you get to Australia and through customs, you should be OK.

I strongly suggest this is due to pressure from Customs and excise to keep incoming flowing as it generates 10% GST on every package value for the Govt.

Going OUT of Australia is where the carnage is happening. 

And domestically - well Aust Post aren't even opening missing mail requests until a minimum of 15 business days have accrued past 'due date'.

Frasers Property Industrial announces six new leasing deals across  Victorian properties | The Industrialist

My parcel is somewhere in here! 

And yes, those are all Airport factories in the background - as far as the eye can see.

Does anyone know if the issues are specifically limited to the Australian government postal service?  Are private shipping like UPS, Fedex, and DHL having similar issues?

On 1/29/2022 at 12:06 PM, revat said:

Does anyone know if the issues are specifically limited to the Australian government postal service?  Are private shipping like UPS, Fedex, and DHL having similar issues?

Fedex has its own depot, but all mail flights come through Tullamarine - again Customs will expedite arriving packages as they collect 10%

The Victorian Fedex depot is 10km from me, if I can help?

On 1/28/2022 at 4:45 PM, Beige said:

I strongly suggest this is due to pressure from Customs and excise to keep incoming flowing as it generates 10% GST on every package value for the Govt.

Look for all organizations to draw as much blood from a stone as they can now that they've indebted themselves for all eternity. 

I think there is also a problem for books going into Australia, at least for books shipping from Canada… I sent a package on October 9, which has been sitting with Australia Post since October 21.

On 1/30/2022 at 7:17 AM, Brock said:

I think there is also a problem for books going into Australia, at least for books shipping from Canada… I sent a package on October 9, which has been sitting with Australia Post since October 21.

I recently had a package take 5 and 1/2 months to arrive to me. Meanwhile, somehow my sister keeps getting shipments of fabrics from the US within 2 weeks like clockwork. It makes no sense.