• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Eternals #1
4 4

21 posts in this topic

Yes, another copy of Eternals #1 exists. lol

The book has extremely white pages and presents pretty well, but there are issues. There is a small tear on the upper left front of the book and a few spine ticks that do not break the color on the front cover. On the back of the book there is what looks like a production crease that extends from the left edge to the middle of the word "wherever". Do you think this could be pressed out? There is also a non color breaking crease 3/4 inches long, yikes the book has more flaws than I recall :cry:, on the back cover in the upper right hand corner. This I think could also be pressed out. How would this book grade as is? How much would a press improve the grade? Thanks in advance for the brain stain involved. :flamed:

scan0811.jpg

scan0812.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

Looks really nice. Production crease = no effect, but the small tear/crease upper left will cap the grade. I'd guess 7.5/8.0 as is, 8.0 to maybe 8.5 with a press.

BTW, you summoned a different boardie with the 'Funny Books' tag. Our gent is @Funnybooks

I rather like the idea that we have an elite grading strike force here.  lol

On 1/30/2022 at 4:59 PM, Point Five said:

BTW, you summoned a different boardie with the 'Funny Books' tag. Our gent is @Funnybooks

I rather like the idea that we have an elite grading strike force here.  lol

Thanks for spotting the wrong "funny books", I made the correction.  (thumbsu

On 1/30/2022 at 6:06 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Thanks for spotting the wrong "funny books", I made the correction.  (thumbsu

No problem. (We tried out that previous guy... he was a lot less funny.)  (shrug)

As is I would place this at a CGC 7.5  , but with a press and clean I could see this getting bumped up to a 9.2.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Rebooted

I say 8.5 as is and up to a 9.2 if the press takes our that 3/4 inch crease on the back and whatever other NCB ones there are.  The tear is kind of a bindery tear that went bad, so I don't think it would grade as harshly as a tear this size in another area.