• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to commiserate with fellow comic fans

7 posts in this topic

On January 27, I sent 2 books to CGC via UPS for George Perez’s signature.

JLA/Avengers #3

Avengers/JLA #4

Interstate shipping wasn’t even necessary. It was from Jacksonville, Florida to Sarasota, Florida. The Manager at the local UPS anticipated delivery to CGC the next day. I didn’t foresee a problem meeting CGC’s January 31st deadline.

As of today, Thursday, February 2nd, nothing and the UPS Manager opened an “investigation” on my behalf because the last known location of the shipment was on Friday, January 28th (the anticipated day of delivery) at the UPS processing facility in Sarasota.

The local UPS Manager has been very helpful and kind but I’m sick about this. At this point, I just hope that UPS recovers the books undamaged. I’m very sad that even if UPS recovers the books, CGC will likely say, “too bad it’s too late.” I hope I’m wrong. This is terrible because of the unfortunate circumstances and special nature of George Perez’s in-house signing.

I suspect theft. CGC should really consider an alias name and address for receiving shipments. CGC’s name and the artist’s initials on the box are a dead give away to anyone in the know that the contents are comics for signature/grading.

Will CGC accept the books if UPS pulls off a miracle and finds them? If not, is a credit or refund possible? I’m confident that both books are 9.8 but good luck finding them again.

If I ever do this again, I’m driving the 3 to 4 hours to Sarasota and delivering the books to CGC myself.

The George Perez aspect is really bothering me too. The news of his health was sad and like everyone else I grew up admiring his work. I was in awe at how cool he is to say that he wants this opportunity to connect with his fans.

Totally down today.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I am sorry to hear about the problems that you have had with UPS and getting your package to us.  If the package can be located we can still accept it as long as it is received and logged in before the actual signing takes place.  The George Perez signing will be in about two weeks.

If the order has not been received yet then you have not yet been charged.  The online form is not a live form so you are not charged anything until we receive your order and the package has been opened and logged in.  If the worst happens and the package is never received here at CGC then you would not be charged.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 2/3/2022 at 3:28 PM, Slade Wilson said:

If I ever do this again, I’m driving the 3 to 4 hours to Sarasota and delivering the books to CGC myself.

I do not think you are allowed to do this (only certain dealers can drop off).

More importantly, I hope they find your books. I am almost certain that they will find your books. USPS investigation can turn it up or it may be at cgc already waiting to be logged in. Not everything gets scanned along the way even though it should. Somewhere here there is a place to put your shipping info in and they can see if it has been delivered, try that as well.

Aaarrgghh! . . . Nope, I’m not a newbie I know the drill. I’ve submitted books to CGC before but I’ve not dealt with such a frustrating situation like the current one with UPS. Navigating all of the topics/forums on the message boards now that’s a different story.