• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Team-up #141 - Bindery or production errors?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Considering to send in this raw copy of Marvel Team-Up #141. What are your thoughts on a grade? There are a couple issues, but some may be bindery/production errors. Possible issue I see listed below.

1. Cover Color  Rub - Bottom right corner
2. Bindery Cut - Bottom right corner - miscut on page 3, that is not on the cover.
3. Bindery Cut - Top right corner - This goes through several pages up to about 4-5
4. Spine - looks pretty good. Might have 1-2 tics

Thanks!

IMG_7291.jpg

IMG_7293.jpg

IMG_7294.jpg

IMG_7295.jpg

IMG_7296.jpg

IMG_7297.jpg

IMG_7298.jpg

IMG_7318.jpg

IMG_7319.jpg

Edited by mergebow1

The issues with the corners appear to be a Bindery issue, however, I cannot be 100% sure.

Not knowing exactly what caused the issues with the corners and how CGC would view them, if I were grading this book for my collection and assumed they were Bindery Defects I would assign a grade of NM- 9.2 with a notation stating the issues with the corners.

If these are actual Defects and not Bindery/Printing errors I would drop the grade to a VF 8.0, again with a notation about the corners.

Hopefully someone that is extremely knowledgeable about Bindery/Printing defects or has first hand experience with this and how CGC views them will chime in.

On 2/4/2022 at 10:11 AM, marvelmaniac said:

The issues with the corners appear to be a Bindery issue, however, I cannot be 100% sure.

Not knowing exactly what caused the issues with the corners and how CGC would view them, if I were grading this book for my collection and assumed they were Bindery Defects I would assign a grade of NM- 9.2 with a notation stating the issues with the corners.

If these are actual Defects and not Bindery/Printing errors I would drop the grade to a VF 8.0, again with a notation about the corners.

Hopefully someone that is extremely knowledgeable about Bindery/Printing defects or has first hand experience with this and how CGC views them will chime in.

I agree 100% on all this.

Thanks for posting.