• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Claremont or Golden?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2022 at 7:35 PM, harojchang said:

I have an Avengers Annual 10 I was going to submit for the Michael Golden signing, and potentially a remarque…until the Chris Claremont one was announced.

I’m kind of torn - which one would you do?

what are the personal, subjective preferences you have for your decision making process?  Cost? timing? future sales price? creator preference?  aesthetics of signature?  Maybe one of them signs more often the other more rarely, so get the one who signs more rarely this time with hopes of getting the other person in the future?

No one else knows your collection goals, your preferences, your financial situations, any of it.  If you want more specific help for your situation, provide more details.  Or better yet, think through some of it, do some research, and ask a more specific question.  You're asking strangers for help, so help them help you.

here is what I would say

if you are considering a Golden sig, his work is far less prolific than that of Claremont 

the book I would most identify with Golden would be Avengers Annual 10 and then Micronauts

with Claremont you have a much greater array of options to pick between

so in short if you want a sig from Golden I would go with Avengers Annual 10 .... if you want a sig from Claremont I would go with a large number of options before I made it to Avengers Annual 10 unless you really wanted Claremont immediately and that was his only work you had in your possession

hope that helps in some way, let us know what you decide and why 

On 2/7/2022 at 12:41 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

here is what I would say

if you are considering a Golden sig, his work is far less prolific than that of Claremont 

the book I would most identify with Golden would be Avengers Annual 10 and then Micronauts

with Claremont you have a much greater array of options to pick between

so in short if you want a sig from Golden I would go with Avengers Annual 10 .... if you want a sig from Claremont I would go with a large number of options before I made it to Avengers Annual 10 unless you really wanted Claremont immediately and that was his only work you had in your possession

hope that helps in some way, let us know what you decide and why 

On 2/6/2022 at 9:56 AM, rexinnih said:

I'm sending mine into Golden but that's because I have many, many I have sent to previous Claremont signings and don't really have much else to send to Golden. 

Thanks to both of you. I am going to do the Golden signing. 

I have other Golden stuff but it's not in great condition.. And I have other Claremont stuff I was going to send in for his signature. It looks like Claremont seems to do more of these signings. This was specifically for Avengers Annual 10.

And like others have said before, I wish they could route stuff already at CGC, since I sent in Wolverine 1 and 2 for Frank Miller.

On 2/27/2023 at 2:14 AM, harojchang said:

Update on this - got my Avengers Annual 10 graded a 9.4 with the Golden sig....and now will resubmit for the Claremont one! Also resubmitting the Wolverine 1 that Miller signed, and got a 9.6 on that one.

Well done. Glad it worked out for you