• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk 181
5 5

12 posts in this topic

I will be harsher on it and say 5.5, maybe even 5.0. The staples in center appear rusted? Is that the case? If so definitely closer to 5.0. The fading is uniform and I have seen flawless books with such fade hit 7.0-7.5. Add on the foxing and other minor wear and that is why I am lower here. 

Looks to be around a 6.5 structurally, but I am unclear how the UV fading will affect it. 

Is this level of fading allowed on a 6.5 book, or does it knock it down from there?

Frankly, there was a time I would call any book with significant fading in the VG range, but that may be more of an old school Overstreet guideline.

5.5 as is, could be perhaps a max of 6.5 with a very nice C&P which it would really benefit from.   I have seen fading like this in the FN ranges, so that should not drag it down from where it already is.  Had it been otherwise VF range I could see it dragging it down to FN range, but it's not so you should be good in that 5.5 and up area.