• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Round 3
12 12

312 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2022 at 6:28 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, I am getting a lot of PM's from people who submitted grades for the first round asking when more books are posted.  :frown:

probably not a good idea opening this contest to non current board members-

On 2/11/2022 at 6:14 PM, Comics4All said:

Everyone should have donated something, certainly would have made it more fun amirite

I always donate but not this time-I figgered why give a $100 book to someone already gettin other prizes.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:15 PM, kav said:

dang not seeing much activity.  I think the 'only 10 people get prizes' kinda killed it.

I think it shows that some people here care more about receiving than giving. 

On 2/11/2022 at 7:04 PM, thirdgreenham said:

I think it shows that some people here care more about receiving than giving. 

in the past with like 80 entrants, the prize thread was chock full of valuable prizes.  heck one time I got 2 $150 books plus a $20 bill-and I came in like 14th pace.

On 2/11/2022 at 9:28 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, I am getting a lot of PM's from people who submitted grades for the first round asking when more books are posted.  :frown:

Not sure what more you could have said that you hadn’t stated earlier. (shrug) 

Well, maybe you could have said that you will not be holding their hands throughout the contest and you won’t be waking them up every morning for school. 

On 2/11/2022 at 7:08 PM, thirdgreenham said:

Not sure what more you could have said that you hadn’t stated earlier. (shrug) 

Well, maybe you could have said that you will not be holding their hands throughout the contest and you won’t be waking them up every morning for school. 

maybe in future:
"Read these instructions carefully and pay attention.  150 people were kicked out of the last contest because they failed to do this".

On 2/11/2022 at 7:16 PM, zzutak said:

The effort we individually expend during the challenge, including the camaraderie we share through these contest-related posts, is the real prize.  And this prize is available to each and every person who participates.  Remember, the zest in life comes from the journey, not the final destination!   :preach:

98158acf-0da6-40d9-a0cf-4a7fe19110c1-large16x9_SEINFELD_S05_EPS521_PhotographyEpisodic_5.jpg

On 2/11/2022 at 9:06 PM, kav said:

in the past with like 80 entrants, the prize thread was chock full of valuable prizes.  heck one time I got 2 $150 books plus a $20 bill-and I came in like 14th pace.

I always thought if you entered you had to put up a prize. I had fun picking out those prize packages for you guys. Made some great connections with you all through the prizes. Made some good friends! One year I put together 2 or 3 to choose from. So if you made it to the bottom of the list (which was where my prizes were :roflmao:) At least you had a choice. I always included a gift card.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:16 PM, zzutak said:

The effort we individually expend during the challenge, including the camaraderie we share through these contest-related posts, is the real prize.  And this prize is available to each and every person who participates.  Remember, the zest in life comes from the journey, not the final destination!   :preach:

I agree, this is a great community!

However, it would still be nice to have some prizes too! :devil:

On 2/11/2022 at 8:12 PM, flashlites said:

I always thought if you entered you had to put up a prize.

you should demand all your prizes back!  I think the void-for-vagueness doctrine covers this!

On 2/11/2022 at 8:30 PM, Comics4All said:

Isn't this the 4th night this week you've had meatloaf?

Do you live with Alice from the Brady bunch?

lol I sure seem to lately!  this is my 6th meatloave.  I make one every 3-4 days, and make either mashed potatoes, garlic bread, or stuffing to go with it.  :acclaim:

On 2/11/2022 at 11:35 PM, kav said:

lol I sure seem to lately!  this is my 6th meatloave.  I make one every 3-4 days, and make either mashed potatoes, garlic bread, or stuffing to go with it.  :acclaim:

Post all of your meatloaves? & we will grade them for a contest within a contest!