• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Round 3
12 12

312 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2022 at 9:16 PM, zzutak said:

The effort we individually expend during the challenge, including the camaraderie we share through these contest-related posts, is the real prize.  And this prize is available to each and every person who participates.  Remember, the zest in life comes from the journey, not the final destination!   :preach:

MnciLLi.gif.4e905d6836d68843eb68de6236355462.gif

• Administrator
On 2/11/2022 at 10:08 PM, thirdgreenham said:

Not sure what more you could have said that you hadn’t stated earlier. (shrug) 

Well, maybe you could have said that you will not be holding their hands throughout the contest and you won’t be waking them up every morning for school. 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:15 PM, kav said:

maybe in future:
"Read these instructions carefully and pay attention.  150 people were kicked out of the last contest because they failed to do this".

I have amended the rules slightly on my "hard copy" for future contests, to stress the fact that you will need to follow the threads to know when rounds begin and end.  

• Administrator

As far as the prizes, I am not surprised there was a low number of donations.  I think this will gradually improve as we have more of these contests.  Regular board members will be given the opportunity to sign up before any outside announcements occur.  I can only handle so many people so, there may not be a need for any outside advertising.  This is our first contest.  It will be my goal moving forward to work out any kinks that exist.  

On 2/11/2022 at 10:16 PM, zzutak said:

The effort we individually expend during the challenge, including the camaraderie we share through these contest-related posts, is the real prize.  And this prize is available to each and every person who participates.  Remember, the zest in life comes from the journey, not the final destination!   :preach:

I dunno, I prefer to eat my meatloaf instead of just mixing it up and watching it cook.

I never thought about donating a prize...I am new to these contests (but wouldn't have donated one anyway). CGC sponsored contest, cgc can provide the prizes as far as I am concerned. I don't typically add my money/property to a marketing campaign; I see this like a win a ticket to the Super Bowl contest. Maybe I'll feel differently after participating in a few. But it drives people to the boards and is part of a business model so I didn't even consider adding to the promotion.

A contest started by a boardie, that is different than a marketing promotion. I understand the community stepping up to make that fun and attractive to others to participate. Still didn't know others were expected to donate a prize though. (shrug)I know I am naive though, so maybe I just missed the clues

Edited by Bird