• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asm 129 and black marker
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have a copy of asm 129, however, it has black marker on the front cover. There are multiple spots. 2 questions here: 1. Will this get a restored tag since it was used on punisher's "undies" 2. If I left it as is and did basic dry clean and press  what do you think it's grade would be?

Thanks for any input! 

Screenshot_20220211-111207_Facebook.jpg

received_283307810536378.jpeg

received_930283240955265.jpeg

received_487171963005971.jpeg

received_491407475716056.jpeg

The shadows on your pics make it hard to grade!

But the use of a marker will bring it down quite a bit I think. First pic shows it is quite large and ruins overall FC art. Your second pic shows it goes through cover. Not going to get that marker out. 3.0 because of that.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:35 PM, grendelbo said:

4.0 not restored.

Thanks for posting.

Agreed. The ink markings wouldn't be a plus for me, but by strict CGC standards (or what I imagine them to be...) I don't think the book should be any worse than VG. Still a sound copy with many positives.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:30 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

I think it would be considered "writing on cover" and not restoration because the marker does not appear to be "fixing" any flaws.

Nah. Defaced cover will drag down.

You will be shocked at CGC 9.4 with "Greggy is a d*ckhead" writing on the cover in marker.

Edited by JollyComics