• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Scamming Example
6 6

56 posts in this topic

I think all in all there are suckers born every day :flamed:.  While as a tight knit community we like to call out the scammers - in the end you cannot prevent the gullible, naïve and also often greedy folk from being just that 'stupid if not irresponsible.'   I could open an eBay account right now and call myself uAsucker69 and sell a Hulk 181 CGC 6.5 for $500.00 and it would be sold in 60 seconds and once that guy opened his box and saw a Russian reprint - he would be whining all over the internet :cry:. I stopped flagging scammers a long time ago because it is the suckers, who cannot be stopped  - in the end fools and their money are easily parted - it is almost Darwinian. :makepoint:

On 2/26/2022 at 11:09 AM, Roger66 said:

I think all in all there are suckers born every day :flamed:.  While as a tight knit community we like to call out the scammers - in the end you cannot prevent the gullible, naïve and also often greedy folk from being just that 'stupid if not irresponsible.'   I could open an eBay account right now and call myself uAsucker69 and sell a Hulk 181 CGC 6.5 for $500.00 and it would be sold in 60 seconds and once that guy opened his box and saw a Russian reprint - he would be whining all over the internet :cry:. I stopped flagging scammers a long time ago because it is the suckers, who cannot be stopped  - in the end fools and their money are easily parted - it is almost Darwinian. :makepoint:

It’s not only about the gullible, it’s also for the seller who’s account has been hacked. I’m sure you’d appreciate the help too if put in that situation where you’d have to undo the damage done to what might be your main source of income and reputation. 

On 2/26/2022 at 12:32 PM, B2D327 said:

It’s not only about the gullible, it’s also for the seller who’s account has been hacked. I’m sure you’d appreciate the help too if put in that situation where you’d have to undo the damage done to what might be your main source of income and reputation. 

100% right...  from that perspective - we must all remain vigilant and outspoken... well said (worship)

On 2/26/2022 at 10:01 AM, B2D327 said:

You can also use the “Help and Contact” menu at the top of the page to report it as a stolen account. In this case, the sellers account name is “fogmodels”

This is good to know. I was reporting these listings from one seller last week but there were way too many to do them all. I was wondering if there was a way to report the seller but wouldn't want to cause more problems for the seller that the account actually belongs to. 

On 2/26/2022 at 12:56 PM, BriD. said:

This is good to know. I was reporting these listings from one seller last week but there were way too many to do them all. I was wondering if there was a way to report the seller but wouldn't want to cause more problems for the seller that the account actually belongs to. 

Without giving too much away (just in case 😉, you never know who’s seeing this), eBay will contact the seller should suspicious activity be detected where the seller would be able to recuperate their account and what the fraudulent listings are/were. In the event the scammer changed payment options to a traceable financial institution, this too would be seized and info sent to the proper authority 

On 6/14/2022 at 1:06 PM, stock_rotation said:

Well, it's down already, so that's good news.