• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN! Batman #423
2 2

11 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2022 at 4:29 PM, grendelbo said:

Looks 9.2-ish. Back cover may be showing some handling wear. A press will get it to 9.4 or better.

Thanks for posting.

Thank you for the grade :D

This helps me out a lot. Now I will make sure to get it pressed.

On 5/30/2022 at 4:40 PM, MrRoboto said:

I'm not sure why... Also photos again...

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

???

CGC graders sometimes daydream about how long they can keep someone scratching their head?

On 5/30/2022 at 4:46 PM, Geoff2099 said:

Grader Notes

light bends to cover

light spine stress lines to cover

Was it pressed? Wouldn't help with stress lines.

See this is where things get weird, some of the books seem like they were pressed and others don't seem like it. So, I do not know. I got charged for all but maybe I'll crack and resubmit?

On 5/30/2022 at 8:15 PM, MrRoboto said:

See this is where things get weird, some of the books seem like they were pressed and others don't seem like it. So, I do not know. I got charged for all but maybe I'll crack and resubmit?

I mean you might get it to a 9.2. Personally I don't trust CGC to press books so use someone local and review the books before sending, but live in a big city where there are options, not everyone has that I know. 

On 5/30/2022 at 6:46 PM, Geoff2099 said:

Grader Notes

light bends to cover

light spine stress lines to cover

Was it pressed? Wouldn't help with stress lines.

I can see the vertical non color break crease on the front line from the Batman's cape to McFarlane's signature.  Also, I can see the top staple was pressed down on the back cover.  Two spine corners are little round.  I agreed with 9.0.   Well, I believe this book needs to be pressed.  It may bump to 9.2 - maybe 9.4 if you are luck.