• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF 45 CGC 8.0

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for any and all feedback. I'm currently considering an FF 45 cgc 8.0 for about $1500. I'm asking, based on the images, do think its an actual 8.0? Or could the book have been switched? I wonder because there seem to be many issues (maybe minor) with the book when compared to my other 8.0 books. I apologize for my lack of knowledge and perhaps over-concern. 

Thank you!

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1.  If you have concerns about possible switching, you should ask for pictures of the sides and top/bottom too.

2.  If you have additional question about the grading, you should get back pictures too, and the grader notes.

3.  CGC grading is subjective, and imperfect, so it could be a weak (or very weak) 8.0, but doesn't look so far out of the range to me.  There do seem to be some defects on the cover, but if the rest of the book is immaculate, that might be a factor.   Or maybe your other 8.0's are strong 8.0's.

4.  It is also possible that some comics get damaged in the slabbing process, or after the slabbing process, due to transport or other external factors.

5.  If you don't like the look of it or think you're always going to wonder about it, I wouldn't buy it.  Most people on the boards will tell you, "buy the book not the grade."  There's almost certainly a 7.5 out there somewhere with better eye appeal.  

Edited by revat

Switching a book out would damage the case so unless you see signs of that, it is the 8.0 book that CGC put in there.

Now, if YOU don't think it looks 8.0 well that is entirely fine. Some CGC graders are more lenient than others and sometimes their opinions don't meet our standards. So if you don't love what you see and feel it is more 7.0-7.5 to you, then look for a copy that does make you happy.