• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this 1947 Lone Ranger #1 slab look okay

9 posts in this topic

Here's the ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384646936761?hash=item598ebe78b9:g:0McAAOSwf75hzocf

I want to make sure the slab hasn't been tampered with. Can someone with experience help me before I make this purchase? How does the comic look for a 9.0? There are only 6 that have been graded higher by CGC.  

I’d say look at some other listings and see if the slabs all look similar and if 9.0’s look similar

if you sample enough you should get an ok idea.  If the $1500 isn’t too big of deal for you, it seems ok IMO no need to check for yourself, just pull the trigger

On 2/16/2022 at 3:11 PM, Shackleton said:

I want to make sure the slab hasn't been tampered with.

Brent Moeshlin has been selling high-end comics for almost as long as I can remember.  I've done business with him dozens of times over the years.  He's 100% legit and will always stand behind his sales.  No red flags here.  (thumbsu

Congrats on your purchase. It can absolutely be nerve racking buying online. Especially big money. But if someone has 4,500 positive reviews and only one negative it's a pretty safe bet. Also PayPal and Ebay have guarantees in place. If you get scammed you'll get your money back.