• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM All Star Comics 58
4 4

18 posts in this topic

Something scraped that spine and there's water damage top edge of both covers (seen best in the back cover pic). 

5.0/5.5

Thanks for posting.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:19 AM, JollyComics said:

The boobs speak itself.

They sure do. In fact, my wife asked me the other day - after 22 years - as wives/girlfriends sometimes do: "What attracted you to me? Was it the way I spoke to you? The way I laughed at your stupid joke? My hair? Was it my EYYYES? What I was wearing? WHAT?"

"Well? It was your boobs."

"WHAT?"

"Well, yeah! You guys lead with those things. When you found me interesting, you stood up straight and put those things out there. If I had taken a deep breath, one of them would have been in my mouth."

"WHAAAT????"

"Yep. You women do that and don't even know it. Tell you what: Next time you introduce me to a male I DON'T know but you DO, watch my body language. I will stick my hand out to shake his but I will stand noticeably taller. Shoulders squared, feet slightly apart. We all do it. Even women. They 'Alpha' up just like men do when they are either feeling threatened, insecure or want something."

Check it out. She didn't like my response because it wasn't something lofty like I found her intelligent or empathetic or she was wearing nice clothes OH GOD DON'T GO THERE. You want to be miserable? Then go down the "What was I wearing the day we met? I remember what YOU were wearing!" street She'll describe it right down to the rings on your fingers and she'll be absolutely right.

All I remember is a set of Tata's blanketed with a checkered brown shirt. That's IT.

And so, we ask ourselves "What IS it about a mediocre Kara-El clone named  something mediocre like 'Power Girl' that I like so much? She's brusque. Aggressive. Dismissive. Doesn't have too much going on except being defensive and yet......"

On 2/20/2022 at 3:12 PM, Randall Ries said:

They sure do. In fact, my wife asked me the other day - after 22 years - as wives/girlfriends sometimes do: "What attracted you to me? Was it the way I spoke to you? The way I laughed at your stupid joke? My hair? Was it my EYYYES? What I was wearing? WHAT?"

"Well? It was your boobs."

"WHAT?"

"Well, yeah! You guys lead with those things. When you found me interesting, you stood up straight and put those things out there. If I had taken a deep breath, one of them would have been in my mouth."

"WHAAAT????"

"Yep. You women do that and don't even know it. Tell you what: Next time you introduce me to a male I DON'T know but you DO, watch my body language. I will stick my hand out to shake his but I will stand noticeably taller. Shoulders squared, feet slightly apart. We all do it. Even women. They 'Alpha' up just like men do when they are either feeling threatened, insecure or want something."

Check it out. She didn't like my response because it wasn't something lofty like I found her intelligent or empathetic or she was wearing nice clothes OH GOD DON'T GO THERE. You want to be miserable? Then go down the "What was I wearing the day we met? I remember what YOU were wearing!" street She'll describe it right down to the rings on your fingers and she'll be absolutely right.

All I remember is a set of Tata's blanketed with a checkered brown shirt. That's IT.

And so, we ask ourselves "What IS it about a mediocre Kara-El clone named  something mediocre like 'Power Girl' that I like so much? She's brusque. Aggressive. Dismissive. Doesn't have too much going on except being defensive and yet......"

You forgot to mention....She hates MCP.

On 2/20/2022 at 4:29 PM, Grendel72 said:

Male Chauvinist Pigs

Haha! Yeah that's right. And since she has super powers, she can beat the living Hell out of any male chauvinist pig she wants to. I have always wondered what the female equivalent of a misogynist is. Like what's the medical psychotherapist term for that?

On 2/20/2022 at 3:41 PM, Randall Ries said:

Haha! Yeah that's right. And since she has super powers, she can beat the living Hell out of any male chauvinist pig she wants to. I have always wondered what the female equivalent of a misogynist is. Like what's the medical psychotherapist term for that?

Cuz men drool over her boobs she detests them.

On 2/20/2022 at 4:53 PM, JollyComics said:

Cuz men drool over her boobs she detests them.

Just like real life!

"Let me push these things up so far I look like Princess Leia wearing headphones, then yell at you for looking at them! Oh! You NASTY boys!"

Edited by Randall Ries

On 2/20/2022 at 4:46 PM, Grendel72 said:

Misandry

Thanks! I never dared look up the term because I thought the Women Police would kick my door in and thrust their cleavage in my egg salad sandwich and then accuse me of assaulting them with not my eyes, but a fine goose egg salad sandwich with JUST the right amount of pepper and diced onion.