• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spanish Collectors: Where do y'all hang out!
2 2

7 posts in this topic

There's several Spanish artists I've been trying to track down pages from and I've been turning over every stone I can to find them.

I've been through their reps, managed to make direct contact, scour CAF, 2dgallery, HA, webarchive, most of the bigger Facebook groups but there is zero trace of these pages! 

Based on my searches it doesn't seem like they have done conventions outside of Spain either, so I'm unsure whether these pages have traveled overseas. 

So I'm wondering, is there somewhere I haven't looked where Spanish collectors are hanging out, that I've yet to find?!

P.S. the artists in question are Kano (issue #0), Jesus Saiz (issue #23.1) and Javier Pina (annual #2), in relation to some of their work on New 52 Swamp Thing.

On 2/20/2022 at 6:28 PM, barneythecantankerous said:

There's several Spanish artists I've been trying to track down pages from and I've been turning over every stone I can to find them.

I've been through their reps, managed to make direct contact, scour CAF, 2dgallery, HA, webarchive, most of the bigger Facebook groups but there is zero trace of these pages! 

Based on my searches it doesn't seem like they have done conventions outside of Spain either, so I'm unsure whether these pages have traveled overseas. 

So I'm wondering, is there somewhere I haven't looked where Spanish collectors are hanging out, that I've yet to find?!

P.S. the artists in question are Kano (issue #0), Jesus Saiz (issue #23.1) and Javier Pina (annual #2), in relation to some of their work on New 52 Swamp Thing.

I put together a little website, https://www.buyfromcomicartists.com, that has every possible avenue to buy art. I've been updating it almost daily with a new person, rep or site. I know you said you checked with their reps but Kano is with Splash Page and the other two are with SpanishInq just in case.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:28 AM, barneythecantankerous said:

You can also have a look here (and track them to get notifications on new listings):

https://comicarttracker.com/kano-original-art-for-sale

https://comicarttracker.com/jesus-saiz-original-art-for-sale

https://comicarttracker.com/javier-pina-original-art-for-sale

Edited by NicoV

On 2/20/2022 at 11:57 PM, Hockeyflow33 said:

I put together a little website, https://www.buyfromcomicartists.com, that has every possible avenue to buy art. I've been updating it almost daily with a new person, rep or site. I know you said you checked with their reps but Kano is with Splash Page and the other two are with SpanishInq just in case.

I checked with David at Spanishhq already and from what I can tell Splashpage has never listed any of the issue #0 art. On a sidenote, I recently stumbled across your site (before this post!) and I think it's absolutely fantastic that you've devoted your personal time to this effort and hopefully helping out so many collectors :)

On 2/21/2022 at 8:59 AM, MagnusX said:

Also there are a few Spanish collectors on CAF...

Oh I know, I'm just wondering if there is somewhere else Spanish collectors are sharing their art and that's perhaps why I haven't seen the pages I'm looking for!

On 2/21/2022 at 9:10 AM, NicoV said:

Thanks for the reminder! I do have a tracker setup but haven't updated it in a while!

On 2/21/2022 at 9:41 AM, barneythecantankerous said:

I checked with David at Spanishhq already and from what I can tell Splashpage has never listed any of the issue #0 art. On a sidenote, I recently stumbled across your site (before this post!) and I think it's absolutely fantastic that you've devoted your personal time to this effort and hopefully helping out so many collectors :)

Oh I know, I'm just wondering if there is somewhere else Spanish collectors are sharing their art and that's perhaps why I haven't seen the pages I'm looking for!

Thanks for the reminder! I do have a tracker setup but haven't updated it in a while!

I think it's mostly for me since the website is easier than maintaining an excel spreadsheet haha.

Argh, yea I saw that it was issue 0 after I posted. Mark who runs Splash page has always been unbelievably helpful to me anytime I've had a question so I'm not sure if you've reached out to him for that exact issue but he's good at getting back to you within a day.