• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STARTLING COMICS 33 May 1945

15 posts in this topic

Schomburg cover. yay.gif One staple directly in middle of book. (I guess they were saving money or staples) Staple is intact and can be located below the airplane wing. I've been wanting this issue for the great cover for some time now.

startling33cover.jpg

startling33bottomleft.jpgclose look at bottom left corner.

startling33bottomright.jpgThe small piece can be better seen on the back cover.

startling33back.jpg

Your thoughts are appreciated.

One staple deirectly in middle of book. (I guess they were saving money or staples)

They were dropping staples (and other stuff) on the Germans and Japanese so couldn't use them in comic books smile.gif

I concur with the VG. Nice that much of the damage is on the back cover!

I would disagree with the 4.0 and give it a Very Good. Looks like a classic VG to me. grin.gif

But am also thinking it may be a VG+, due to the consierable amount of quality it has going for it. If truly a 4.0 VG that would be one of the sharper ones floating around!

And yes, don't worry about the single staple. They did indeed use only one during the war years on many comics. I even have a Jungle from time that has a single staple failry centered along the spine.

More GA on the grading forum please!
That's primarily why I posted it. I love the other Ages but Gold needs to be seen here more, I agree.

I posted my Weird Horrors in reponse to the More GA plea. Will post a few more and participate more. My life is becoming my own again with the new job. I come home at a normal time, knowing I am no longer on-call, and the rest of the day is mine. And I stand around with no clue what to do next! You network techs out there can relate - coming off of about 11 years as a network administrator, the last 6 as the technical lead. About 200 servers. 7,000 users. Statewide and also international lan/wan. I shudder at what I was a month or so ago! grin.gif