• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #129 - The Grade is In!!!
3 3

14 posts in this topic

I am probably at about a 7.5 as is; I don't know enough about cleaning and pressing to know how much that could improve it, but most of the bigger faults I'm seeing are bends/creases (lower right front cover and top left back cover)--so with those ameliorated I would think it could be an 8.0 or even 8.5.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:58 PM, Odda said:

Thanks to all! Really happy with this book.

A1418108-439A-47C8-A463-CB86C6055969.jpeg

Mind sharing the grading notes? I bet everyone would want to know what CGC found that we didn't see.

Looks pretty good in the slab.

The book looks great! (thumbsu 
That said, there's a long crease in the upper left corner of the back cover... it looks a bit dirty on top, and appears to break color through the yellow circle. That likely accounts for most of the grade drop.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, grendelbo said:

Mind sharing the grading notes? I bet everyone would want to know what CGC found that we didn't see.

Looks pretty good in the slab.

foxing to cover
light staple rusted top of centerfold
moderate crease left top of back cover
multiple crease right bottom of front cover breaks color
wear spine breaks color

On 5/26/2022 at 8:46 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That's a gorgeous 5.5. I like the custom label with it too.

I love this book. It took me years to find one believe it or not. Had a nice copy only to find out someone had color touched it up. Had to return it.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:33 PM, Odda said:

I love this book. It took me years to find one believe it or not. Had a nice copy only to find out someone had color touched it up. Had to return it.

I believe it - this one is on my "if I had any discipline I could own that book" list - meaning, if I stopped buying anything else for a while and sold some good stuff, I could likely get a copy I'd be happy with. Alas, I have no discipline and no 129. Congrats on a great book!