• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World's Greatest and #1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CGC Registry Set From Tower Lakes Collection in Pedigree Comics' March Grand Auction!

1 post in this topic

Attention All Turtles Fans! Pedigree Comics' CEO and President, Doug Schmell, recently received on consignment the remaining books and magazines from the ultra high grade Tower Lakes Collection, approximately 450 CGC certified comic books and magazines, and the collection will be featured in his company's upcoming Grand Auction. The auction is scheduled to begin in just a few days, on the night of Sunday, February 27th and last for ten (10) days until the night of Wednesday, March 9th as a separate event on the Pedigree Comics website (www.PedigreeComics.com). There is no Buyers Premium on any of the lots in the auction and EVERY book will be listed with no reserve. Every book is CGC graded and the minimum bid is only $20 for this auction. You can view the high grade comics in the Auction Preview right now (over 400 lots). Just go to the Pedigree Comics website and click on the Auction banner.

The Tower Lakes Collection comes out of the suburbs of Chicago and contains an incredible group of award-winning CGC Registry Sets, including what was the #2 Daredevil Complete registry set, the #3 Daredevil #1-#80 registry set, the #3 Daredevil #1-#157 registry set and the #3 Daredevil #1-#310, the #1 Gold Key registry set (held for over 11 years) and, most importantly, the #1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles registry set (held for over 3 years)!! Actually, this incredible Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles set was by far the highest graded and most complete TMNT collection EVER put together by anyone since CGC's creation and is easily the best and highest graded TMNT collection ever offered at auction. In fact, the consignor was the first collector to own all 6 prints of the coveted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 in 9.8!!

Amazingly, there are close to 450 comic books and magazines in the collection and EVERY ONE has off-white to white or white pages (save for one in off-white)! Besides the Registry Set books, the collection contains 9.4 and higher copies of Amazing Spider-Man #16, Amazing Spider-Man #18, Amazing Spider-Man #129, Fantastic Four #39, Fantastic four #40, Giant-Size X-Men #1, Incredible Hulk #180, Incredible Hulk #181, Incredible Hulk #182, Iron Fist #14, Iron Man #55, Tales of Suspense #52, Tales of Suspense #57, X-Men #94 plus many new ultra high grade Dells.

The focus of this article is the featured run of the auction, the world's #1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles set in the CGC registry. The consignor of the Tower Lakes Collection was a Turtles fanatic and put together by far the nicest collection of TMNT and related titles EVER assembled. EVERY issue in the set is a 9.8 with white pages (save for two with off-white to white) and EVERY issue is the highest CGC certified copy (save for one). Here is his story in his own words:

"When I was a kid and began collecting comic books, I realized that Groo, Snake Eyes, (obviously Storm Shadow too) and the Ninja Turtles were all so cool! But why were they so awesome I pondered? Then it hit me - they all used samurai swords!! I immediately informed my parents I must get/they must get me samurai swords.

I guess my affinity for samurai swords never left me, nor did my love for TMNT. Because upon joining the CGC Boards in 2008, I began to meet some extremely friendly Turtle aficionados from the TMNT forums. They helped spark my childhood nostalgia for the 'Green Guys'. Through the friendships made with these gentlemen, over the next decade plus, my piecemeal collection began to grow and grow through the years. With the support of my amazing wife and both my sons loving the advent of 2012 TMNT cartoon series, my TMNT comic collecting became a family affair. It was the most enjoyable time of my comic collecting life. I soon found myself achieving certain feats in my collection that I never actually sought out to achieve. It just started happening. It occurred to me, probably around when I had acquired all six prints of #1 in 9.8, that it was plausible to one day achieve a complete TMNT run (issues #1-#62 plus all the reprints) in 9.8. And that is exactly what I did. But I went even further, putting together all 90 issues of the registry set in an unheard of 9.8, including many CGC Signature Series copies.

What the next owners of my beloved collection need to understand is that all of these books that make up the #1 TMNT Registry set came into fruition only because of the fellow TMNT 'Boardies' I mentioned earlier. Without their knowledge, generosity and just overall kindness towards me and my collection, these books would never have been amassed into one collection. I’m forever grateful to them and their friendship and honored to have owned so many of these books. Thank you, gents, it’s been a privilege".

This is the chance to upgrade your own TMNT registry sets and collection with some of the absolute nicest Turtles books ever offered for sale. Here are some of the highlights:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 9.8 (signed by Eastman and Laird)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 9.8 (TMNT Video Game promotional)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 9.8 (Second Printing)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 9.8 (Third Printing)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 9.8 (Fourth Printing)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 9.8 (Fifth Printing) (CGC Signature SERIES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 9.8 (Sixth Printing) (CGC Signature SERIES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 9.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 9.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 9.8 (Variant Cover)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 9.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 9.8 (Second Printing) (CGC Signature SERIES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 9.8 (Second Printing) (MANUFACTURING ERROR)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 5 9.8 (Second Printing) (CGC Signature SERIES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 6 9.8 (Second Printing) (CGC Signature SERIES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 7 9.8 (Second Printing)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 11 9.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 13 9.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 14 9.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 16 9.8 (CGC Signature SERIES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 17 9.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 18 9.8 (Second Printing)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 28 9.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 32 9.8 (Second Printing)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 47 9.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie 1 9.8
Fugitoid 1 9.8
Raphael 1 9.8 (CGC Signature SERIES)
Raphael 1 9.8 (Second Printing) (CGC Signature SERIES)

If you have any questions or comments about the consignment process, any of the auction lots or about the Tower Lakes Registry Sets Collection in general, please contact Mr. Schmell at (561) 422-1120 (office) or (561) 596-9111 (cell) or at DougSchmell@pedigreecomics.com. For any financial related and consignment payment questions, please contact our CFO, Lisa Shapiro, at LisaJoy@pedigreecomics.com and for any technical related questions or concerns, please contact our Web Master at WebDesigner@pedigreecomics.com.