• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Super Heroes 12
4 4

9 posts in this topic

Hi all! I wanted to see what you thought. I just sent my first ever batch of books into CGC (including my FF52 :drool:) but am wondering if this would be worth sending in too. I think a press and clean can help the back cover, but am mainly concerned about the date stamp on the front. Will that affect the grade?

Thanks!

rmh1ejiltzj81.jpg

nx05diiltzj81.jpg

s14sqiiltzj81.jpg

f6146giltzj81.jpg

v5auggiltzj81.jpg

shvuigiltzj81.jpg

smiftgiltzj81.jpg

On 2/26/2022 at 11:38 PM, grendelbo said:

Probably about a 5.5/6.0 as is. If it can be C&P really good, I can see a 7.0.

Thanks for posting.

Wow a press and clean can make that big of a difference? I’m guessing it’s the back cover and upper left front cover taking the most off of this right? Sorry I’m new at the whole grading thing!

On 2/27/2022 at 6:39 PM, ianders0n said:

Wow a press and clean can make that big of a difference? I’m guessing it’s the back cover and upper left front cover taking the most off of this right? Sorry I’m new at the whole grading thing!

It'll need a real good C&P, but the edges and corners are good. On the front cover, the upper left corner edge wear and the color-breaking crease on the bottom right are moderate defects. If the soiled back cover is cleaned then it'll grade higher. So long as that's not water damage. IMO

On 2/27/2022 at 8:51 PM, grendelbo said:

It'll need a real good C&P, but the edges and corners are good. On the front cover, the upper left corner edge wear and the color-breaking crease on the bottom right are moderate defects. If the soiled back cover is cleaned then it'll grade higher. So long as that's not water damage. IMO

Thanks! I think I will send this in to get graded in my next batch whenever that is. And yeah it’s definitely not water damage. My Marvel Super Heroes 13 on the other hand… oof.