• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paper restoration advice.

3 posts in this topic

While restoration does carry some negative thoughts here in comic book land,and I completely understand both sides,it has different outcomes in different lines of collecting.Furniture ? Big no no  for refinishing but sometimes damaged has to be fixed.Autos ? Original or resto-mod. Survivor or 100 point show car ? Each has a place. Coins? NO!

Now,with that out of the way,I have a question.I have a full set of 1941 salesman samples of wall calanders for advertising.Probably about 24 x 30 inches,set of 6 with envelope.each one illustrated by a different artist.One is GGA  by Zoe Mozart.Problem is they all have nail holes where they were on a wall.Some have a couple.others have more.Also the envelope needs de-acidified(no,I don't have them stored together).As is they arn't worth a lot.My question,does anyone have a suggestion on someone you know who could do the restoration work and maybe an estimation,just a ballpark figure.

I guess you could call this comic related as they are illustrated so please forgive me if it doesn't properly fit but I figured with the depth of knowledge here it would be the best place to ask.

Thanks in advance!

So you want someone to fill the nail holes and color touch them up? 

Kenny Sanderson does leaf casting and that may be in his wheel house. I don't know if the paper is any different for older calendars. 

No idea on an estimation. Pictures would probably be helpful.