• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Worst Speculative Purchases of the CGC Peak

43 posts in this topic

It does a little better than $230:

uhh... i think i conceded that already?

listing previous sales history is fine, but i have essentially retracted the statement.

I was reading from the top so I didn't see you retraction confused-smiley-013.gif I would have posted it eventually anyway, since people were just speculating that it "might" sell for "just" $1500 now.

i remember the book creating a buzz even here on the boards when it first came out.

that auction must have occurred at the absolute HEIGHT of it's "value" - which was probably two weeks after it was first distributed and it's existence known. i wonder if it would even get 10% of the 2300 now (i doubt it).

don't buy comics at their peak value. don't buy ANYTHING at peak value.

and if you own comics during peak value - though you don't have to, you may consider selling as there would be no better time to do that ever.

I'll buy every single one of the Batman 608 RRPs you can find in 9.8 for $230. Every one. Hell, I'll go to $300. Mainly because I can sell it for $1500 without breaking a sweat.

I've said it for three years - this book has legs.

No. 17 in a series of Clasic Forum Posts, collect them all.

The Patent Donut "I'll buy every copy of Book X for $Y you can find, every copy dagnabit. Just bring 'em on, in a truck, every one."

stooges.gif