• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Super Heroes #13
3 3

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I'm trying to estimate a grade on a book I'm thinking of buying. It's been graded by a non-CGC, non-CBCS company that I honestly don't trust the opinion of. I got as many photos as I could but obviously could only get the exterior. It was marked as having Off-White pages. 

Screenshot 2022-02-28 113724.png

Screenshot 2022-02-28 113808.png

Screenshot 2022-02-28 113830.png

Screenshot 2022-02-28 113607.png

Screenshot 2022-02-28 113547.png

Screenshot 2022-02-28 113436.png

and who is this other company ..PGX?

Very hard to tell from the pictures for a grade. I can only see a few defects: 1) some spine tics but not major, 2) a bit of corner blunting, 3) back looks rather dirty, 4) MAY BE a tear at top staple on back, but might just be a crease or smudge - I cant tell!

Without better pics I think it could be anywhere from 6.0 to even 8.0!(shrug)

On 2/28/2022 at 1:32 PM, MrRoboto said:

From what I could see, 4.5-5.0

Out of curiosity, what grade did this other company give it?

The other company gave it a 4.5 mainly for the stress mark along the spine. The seller is trying to convince me that it was undergraded and that this company is harsher than CGC. If I bought it I was planning on sending it into CGC for a regrade anyways lol.

On 2/28/2022 at 11:00 AM, ianders0n said:

Thanks. I know it's super hard to tell when behind the plastic the company is EGS. I was planning to resubmit to CGC if I bought it.

CGC is mainly a harsher grader than the other companies. Given that info this book is probably a 4.0-4.5 in reality.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:44 PM, FoggyNelson said:

No idea whatsoever from pictures provided☹️

Yeah I figured. It was worth a shot. Carol Danvers is my favorite character so I didn't want to let a chance to get an undergraded copy of her first appearance slip by me. Thanks for taking a look though!

It is really hard to tell from the pics to give you an accurate assessment. It doesn’t look like it was cleaned. . I think tho it is not gonna be better than a 6.0. So you may have a position if you want to haggle