• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Graded Book with Wrong Information Printed on CGC Label

10 posts in this topic

I bought a CGC graded book, Strange Academy issue #1, but the CGC label says issues #2 by mistake I guess.  The seller stated I could send it to CGC to get fixed.  How would I go about doing this?  I sent a couple emails to CGC over that last couple of months with no response. 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the error. If there is an error on the label, we can fix that for you at no charge.  Please email us the certification number and we can double check that and then send you instructions on how to proceed.  The correct email address is: submissions@cgccomics.com.  You can also call us at 877-662-6642 if you prefer. 

Thank you!

FYI: The instructions I was emailed were a little off: don't click Reholder, scroll past that and click Mechanical Error.  Also the email had instructions about payment that didn't work, so I submitted credit card info and the site informs that you won't be charged.

Aaaand... I should've taken a screenshot, but there was a spot where I couldn't do anything or click Next: try refreshing, it was some kind of website error I kept getting.

• Administrator
On 3/1/2022 at 7:52 PM, Richard Wysong said:

FYI: The instructions I was emailed were a little off: don't click Reholder, scroll past that and click Mechanical Error.  Also the email had instructions about payment that didn't work, so I submitted credit card info and the site informs that you won't be charged.

Aaaand... I should've taken a screenshot, but there was a spot where I couldn't do anything or click Next: try refreshing, it was some kind of website error I kept getting.

I'm sorry about that.  It sounds like someone may have sent you old instructions from before we updated the online form a few months ago.  If you can, please forward us the email you received so we can check into that further.  You can email us at submissions@cgccomics.com.  Thank you!

I got the instructions and mailed it yesterday.  I am surprised the pre-paid shipping label is next day air.  I would have been okay sending it slower, but thank you for taking care of it.  I'll try to be patient in waiting to get it back.  Thank you!  

I have a similar label issue where the issue number is printed incorrectly.  My question is does the mechanical error correction from CGC have risk for changing the book grade?  i.e., will I risk my grade by sending it in for label correction or is the label correction separate from book handling?  Thanks.

• Administrator
On 5/31/2022 at 2:00 AM, OmidKhandan said:

I have a similar label issue where the issue number is printed incorrectly.  My question is does the mechanical error correction from CGC have risk for changing the book grade?  i.e., will I risk my grade by sending it in for label correction or is the label correction separate from book handling?  Thanks.

Hello, thank you for your message.  The grade assigned to the book should not change, unless any damage occurred post-encapsulation, in which case the grade will be adjusted accordingly. To qualify, the book must still be encapsulated in its original CGC holder. Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello @CJGRPokeRips, thank you for contacting CGC. Please kindly check the back of your slab for any additional notations of his signing. If it's not there, please send this book into us for a mechanical error service to have this label fixed. The mechanical error service can be found on our online submission form, and will provide you with a pre-paid shipping label once the order has been made. Please let us know if we can help with anything further.