• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contributors to the slow turn around times at CGC
6 6

167 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2022 at 6:55 AM, shadroch said:

If you eliminate the competitition, then you can eliminate customer service. 

CGC has it backwards.

The competition eliminated themselves.  They can only blame themselves.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/4/2022 at 12:00 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The key words in your statement are "right now".  Which is true.  In this market, CGC can pretty much do what they want and screw up as much as they want and people are still going to submit.  But "right now" isn't the long game.

PSA, Beckett, WATA, and VGA are looking beyond that.  I've been a supporter and defender of CGC since they opened their doors.....for over two decades.  I find myself no longer being able to do that.....and CGC doesn't seem to care much what people think of them, because the gravy is flowing like a waterfall.  What happens when the gravy thins out......or one of the other deep pocketed companies sees that dip in trust and decides to step into the market......and CGC finds out that those staunch supporters over the last 20 years no longer have the loyalty that they used to?

That's the long game....and many of the grading companies seem to be looking at it from that perspective.  Unfortunately, not all of them are.

Will CGC ever lose their top dog position?  Maybe not.  But their auctions are those of a company that doesn't believe it could ever happen.  

You and I are on the same page with that conclusion.  (thumbsu

The TAT issue aside, the lack of any visible solution to the complete tone deafness of customer service or to the continued QC problems are enormous issues.  

On 3/4/2022 at 10:06 AM, Domo Arigato said:

:baiting:

Mirror.thumb.jpg.22fba05138cedb594b3a4db66c9aca50.jpg

I know what I am seeing.  A guy who knows what he is doing unlike most. So what's your terrible point? 

On 3/4/2022 at 12:09 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I know what I am seeing.  A guy who knows what he is doing unlike most. So what's your terrible point? 

That' you're a confident dope??? :baiting:

On 3/4/2022 at 10:12 AM, Domo Arigato said:

That' you're a confident dope??? :baiting:

Listen I understand for some people understanding how to grade and submitting the correct books to CGC can be quite challenging.  Don't worry one day with hard work you can achieve these goals even if right now it's hard for you to grasp. 

Spoiler

We are just breaking balls, not meant to be taken seriously.  shhhhh :news:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/4/2022 at 12:07 PM, mattn792 said:

You and I are on the same page with that conclusion.  (thumbsu

The TAT issue aside, the lack of any visible solution to the complete tone deafness of customer service or to the continued QC problems are enormous issues.  

Hopefully CGC is able to improve things and get their TAT's and QC problems under control. 

As an aside.....I'm not a card collector.......but as I was doing a little research, I was absolutely floored at the cost of getting a card graded these days. 

I don't know if these prices are permanent, or just another measure to help reduce the number of submissions flooding them.....but wow. :whatthe:

CardPrice.thumb.jpg.5d4f9c959da809e7b8164609ce50eb58.jpg

On 3/4/2022 at 12:20 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Listen I understand for some people understanding how to grade and submitting the correct books to CGC can be quite challenging.  Don't worry one day with hard work you can achieve these goals even if right now it's hard for you to grasp. 

Ok.....ok.....no need to get snotty about it.......I take it back.

You're not confident. :baiting:

On 3/4/2022 at 12:22 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Hopefully CGC is able to improve things and get their TAT's and QC problems under control. 

As an aside.....I'm not a card collector.......but as I was doing a little research, I was absolutely floored at the cost of getting a card graded these days. 

I don't know if these prices are permanent, or just another measure to help reduce the number of submissions flooding them.....but wow. :whatthe:

CardPrice.thumb.jpg.5d4f9c959da809e7b8164609ce50eb58.jpg

$50 PER CARD????  :whatthe:

On 3/4/2022 at 12:28 PM, mattn792 said:

And that's if you decide to cheap out.....and only if you're a member of the PSA Collectors Club. :tonofbricks:

On 3/4/2022 at 12:36 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Clearly the reason CGC is backed up is because people were submitting like drunken sailors who dont know what they were doing during covid with extra money to spare.

Plain and simple. 

When people keeping posting the same topics and coming up with the same dumb reasons that CGC can magically fix their problems they come off simple and uneducated on the matter.  Just check out some of the FaceBook threads and other CGC threads to see some of those level of conservations.

I understand I can be harsh to people, but when people just say over and over, "CGC just needs to hire more graders," they really are the dopes.  They dont understand how hard that truly is. 

It's hard for me to answer you when you keep changing your posts. :pullhair:

Your original post above asked me what point I was trying to make.....so I'm going to answer that honestly.

The point of my first post to you was........drumroll please..........absolutely nothing. 

I had no point.  It was just a joke based on the wording of your original (unedited) post.

Every post I made to you after that had only one point......to see how easily I could continue to wind you up. :baiting:

And, just for the record, and before you ask......this post has no point either. 

On 3/4/2022 at 10:48 AM, Domo Arigato said:

It's hard for me to answer you when you keep changing your posts. :pullhair:

Your original post above asked me what point I was trying to make.....so I'm going to answer that honestly.

The point of my first post to you was........drumroll please..........absolutely nothing. 

I had no point.  It was just a joke based on the wording of your original (unedited) post.

Every post I made to you after that had only one point......to see how easily I could continue to wind you up. :baiting:

And, just for the record, and before you ask......this post has no point either. 

Dude I love these kind of talks!  Wind me up baby!  

Plus it's "The Batman" day, in a great mood! :cheers:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/4/2022 at 12:36 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I understand I can be harsh to people, but when people just say over and over, "CGC just needs to hire more graders," they really are the dopes.  They dont understand how hard that truly is. 

Yeah.....these are usually the kinds of solutions that Facebook Moe Rons try to throw out.  They seem to think hiring a professional grader means to get a few resume' submissions from the local high school and pick the applicant with the cleanest fingernails.

On 3/4/2022 at 1:28 PM, mattn792 said:

Maybe thats the answer we ARE NOT looking for.

If CGC were to double its prices that would stop a lot of the bum books from being submitted...no?

Of course, we would then complain about the prices even though our books were getting graded faster.

But hey, we cant expect CGC to simply lose money... so the rest of us will have to make up the lost revenue by paying double.

Which do we prefer?

Pay what we are currently paying and wait 9 months or pay double and wait 4 months?

Edited by lostboys

On 3/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah.....these are usually the kinds of solutions that Facebook Moe Rons try to throw out.  They seem to think hiring a professional grader means to get a few resume' submissions from the local high school and pick the applicant with the cleanest fingernails.

Yes, it's very hard to find a "real" grader that is willing to sign on and do this job.  At the very least if you hire someone who's never graded comics before then you are talking a long training period IMO.