• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any Artist on hear ?

137 posts in this topic

grin.gif I had a little free time yesterday so I did a Superman sketch in pincel, and I always wanted to ink one like real comic book art so I did. Well I thought it looked pretty good confused-smiley-013.gif so I thought I would post it and maybe get some opinions from the people who really love comics on wheather or not I suck, and if I do how I can get better and keep in mind this is my first work with ink.

hi.gif I would also love to see any other board members art work so post them up.

973941-Supermanart.jpg

973941-Supermanart.jpg.1395ac8a042280da2cc2d7d8f13e8881.jpg

I'm a newbie, here.. But this Board seems much more like a "discussion" message board. I think you should try posting your artwork over at 'The Drawing Board'. They have a "Superheroes" section, where I'm sure you'd get good reactions & advice, on your artwork..

http://www.drawingboard.org/viewforum.php?f=7

And if you still need some help with Drawing advice, etc. I'm a Moderator in the "Instruction" section. Feel to drop in & ask a few questions you may be having..

-- Rich

Hmm. The first thing most professional portfolio reviewers would ask is "How old are you?"

Your stuff's not bad. Not professional quality yet though, but depending on how hard you work and how old you are, anything's possible. Your work will only get better if you draw a lot consistently, however.. (and grow older/wiser/more experienced.) I haven't picked up a pencil in a while, but mentally, I think I'm a better artist now. Art is really about "seeing."

The Drawing Board site is a actually pretty good site for aspiring artists.

Your stuff's not bad. Not professional quality yet though,

Thanks sckao could you give me some pointers gossip.gif, I pick my work apart myself with things like he is too Muscular, his legs are too short , his head is too big and I need to work more on faces. I am 39 years old and I really have not done much art in the last 20 years just the ocasional doodle with a pencil so I may be too old to learn anything new, but I don't think so. I will check that site out thanks thumbsup2.gif.

grin.gif I am working on a Captain Marvel if anyone wants to see it I will post it hear when I have it finished. I think it may be better than my Superman but I have not inked it yet 893crossfingers-thumb.gif.

The two big things that stand out to me are proportion and detail. You're proportions are waaay off -- face is too round, nose is too flat, and no one has calfs like that except for me. Also you're over-killed it on detail -- musculature (as you said) is too detailed -- you should let your shading do the definition for you. And that hair -- what's up with that -- no one draws every hair.

Anyway, nice attempt. My advice would be to practice, practice, practice. Also, go get a book on figure drawing and work your way through that.

The two big things that stand out to me are proportion and detail.

Thanks Stronguy you are right about all those things, I think so too thumbsup2.gif except maybe the calf thing grin.gif. Laying off all the muscle detail is a tough habit to break I used to as a kid like to see just how much muscle I could draw on my heroes allot of them would look like balloons 893whatthe.gif I will work on that though on my next one unless I do the HULK grin.gif.

Any way hear is my Captain Marvel keep in mind I did it before I read your post let me know what you think. smile.gif

SHAZAM!

974344-Shazamart.jpg

974344-Shazamart.jpg.c1220889c81c5eaa4c60f86e0dd20ff0.jpg

grin.gif I had a little free time yesterday so I did a Superman sketch in pincel, and I always wanted to ink one like real comic book art so I did. Well I thought it looked pretty good confused-smiley-013.gif so I thought I would post it and maybe get some opinions from the people who really love comics on wheather or not I suck, and if I do how I can get better and keep in mind this is my first work with ink.

hi.gif I would also love to see any other board members art work so post them up.

973941-Supermanart.jpg

So that's how Superman got the nickname..The Man of steel!...taking all those steroids yeahok.gif

This thread got me thinking. I used to draw quite a bit when I was younger, so I pulled a used backing board out of the garbage and decided to knock out a sketch to see if I still had it. I was reading Batman 221, so I used the cover as reference and drew Bats on a gargoyle. It took about 20 minutes and I think it turned out ok. confused-smiley-013.gif The proportions could use a bit of work, and I need to work on the anatomy in his bicep. Also the shading could be better. All in all though, it's not terrible for not having drawn in a few years.

sketch2.jpg

This thread got me thinking. I used to draw quite a bit when I was younger, so I pulled a used backing board out of the garbage and decided to knock out a sketch to see if I still had it. I was reading Batman 221, so I used the cover as reference and drew Bats on a gargoyle. It took about 20 minutes and I think it turned out ok. confused-smiley-013.gif The proportions could use a bit of work, and I need to work on the anatomy in his bicep. Also the shading could be better. All in all though, it's not terrible for not having drawn in a few years.

sketch2.jpg

Good job,Pumpkin..................but that bad boy needs some ink.................break out those old markers and color that mofo up.... thumbsup2.gif And put a moon up there too 893applaud-thumb.gif