• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for original Man-Thing art

8 posts in this topic

https://comicarttracker.com/search?query=Man-thin

I actually found a bunch on comic art tracker. Bechara (nostalgic investments) has a very cool one with the Thing. That tool is the BEST for finding comic art. Accept no substitute.

😉

Edit to add: retype Man-thing into the search and redo. Pasting the link seems to have messed up the results, but that’s the spot to see what’s out there. Sign up is free, and will give you more results. 

Edited by Latverian Tourism Board

HI all, I am fairly new to the hobby.  Rather, I enjoyed as a kid and only recently getting back into it.  I have always liked original art as well.  I really like X-men Whilce's pages.  What is their price range for his OA X-Men pages now adays? Like 15-20K for a choice Bishop DPS or SPS? And like 5K for a basic page with no heroes or villains, very uninteresting but a story page and a Whilce?  As I am building out my collection I want to get a sense of what is realistic and what is not and budget, etc.

Thank you!

Alex

On 3/6/2022 at 5:07 PM, Alex Keyfes said:

HI all, I am fairly new to the hobby.  Rather, I enjoyed as a kid and only recently getting back into it.  I have always liked original art as well.  I really like X-men Whilce's pages.  What is their price range for his OA X-Men pages now adays? Like 15-20K for a choice Bishop DPS or SPS? And like 5K for a basic page with no heroes or villains, very uninteresting but a story page and a Whilce?  As I am building out my collection I want to get a sense of what is realistic and what is not and budget, etc.

Thank you!

Alex

Get yourself an account with Heritage Auctions to view a history of sales. Here are two comparables (comps). Keep in mind that in today’s market prices change rapidly. Also, it’s good etiquette to create your own post in the main OA chat room and not hijack someone else’s thread (of which I’ve now become an accessory).96838B26-E278-4DED-9C15-9082F439CA06.thumb.png.129c06d1a7b413bfcd53841a12736669.pngF4461492-71D6-4CAB-935F-C8C8C36F83D8.thumb.png.9598c8df277547666788daef5a223076.png

On 3/4/2022 at 9:29 AM, Sean Allen said:

Man Thing is my all time favorite character and I am looking for original art or original comic drawings + sketches for Man Thing.

I have not had a lit of luck finding much out there so I thought I might ask.

Thanks!

At one time art from the 2nd series (v2 1979) was seemingly everywhere and reasonable. Covers were reasonably priced as well. I've noticed since approx 2015 supply has dried up.  IMHO the v2 stories were very enjoyable. All were scripted by either Fleischer and Claremont.

Good luck in your search!

Man-thing-1979_5.thumb.jpg.6bd2e1640bcae3a6232fc7f1e7cde040.jpg

Edited by MAR1979