• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Crack, Archie titles (PEP, Jughead), World's Finest 5, Jungle, Claire Voyant

7 posts in this topic

I bought a book from this guy via ebay but picked it up in person and saw a bunch of these books and more but for some reason his ebay auctions get no real good bids. So I am posting a link on to his ebay page these books are great he should get some bids from real bidders. Virtually all the book are at least fine most are better 7.0-8.5. Take a look some nice finds for the

I bought this from him so you can see how nice they are.

GBfront.jpg

In some cases he prices the books too high - but for the most part they are nice books. He bought a lot a few months ago and is now breaking it up on ebay and will probably make a good penny.

Link to his old auction win, not bad for $38,000 - good to see a real deal go through. Check out some of the losing bidders, I've seen many of those names before. It'll be interesting to see what the big books go for some point in the future.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35752&item=6548343934

Wouldn't mind the Claire Voyant but looks more like a $100 book to me (not $200 as originally listed, or $150 as listed now). His strategy seem to list at very prices then keep relisting at progressively lower until it sells.

In some cases he prices the books too high - but for the most part they are nice books. He bought a lot a few months ago and is now breaking it up on ebay and will probably make a good penny.

Link to his old auction win, not bad for $38,000 - good to see a real deal go through. Check out some of the losing bidders, I've seen many of those names before. It'll be interesting to see what the big books go for some point in the future.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35752&item=6548343934

He is pricing them this from hsi own mouth " based on halfway between the two conditions I think they are." For someone who doesn't know too much about grading he is of course off but they are still much nicer than the scans shows. He won't put those big books up because he gets no bids on these and I understand why. After what happend last night with the Daredeveil Comics #1 and the other stuff on ebay from the same bidder I wouldn't want to put those up either.

I think the book (Claire Voyant NN which is what it is) is a fine minus. If he priced it at $100 I think he would get $150. His lowering of prices is just reacting to the lack of bids I told him to go lower and let them bid up put a reserve if he wants but he is reluctant to pay the reserve fees if they don't sell.

At the time I wondered if that auction was for real. Glad to see it worked out for him. I saw that he beat a few "bigshots" to the collection. Now what the heck does a guy like Geppi want with these books?

Some of them are gorgeous not 9.4NM but 8.5 solid and you just don't see many of the pre 1942 in 8.5 especially the early Archies he had which he sold.

Geppi was looking for a good deal you never know with an auction like that there could have been some top grade gems in it andthen 38,000 would have looked like chump change.

I have some high res scans of the other books he has and they would command good money, especially the early Batmans and the couple of Detectives. Anyway I just felt that I didn't want to see what happend to the other books happen to these. Come on the World' Finest 5 isn't more that $500 in that shape?