• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lack of communication
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Gotta say I'm really disappointed in the service. I sent two orders months apart from one another to avoid coupled billing. That was a fail as both were billed together. The first one has been in grading for months. Unfortunately I cannot get a response for multiple emails I've sent. At this point I just want my books back. 

• Administrator

Hello

If you would send me a PM to include your submission numbers and specific questions you would like answers to, I will try to get them for you.

Mike

• Administrator
On 3/7/2022 at 12:45 PM, Historydigger said:

HI Mike. I don't know how to get those to you without the world knowing. I'm not familiar with this site. 

I will PM you.  Look for the envelope at the top right of your screen.  You can reply to me there, and it will be private.

Mike

This has got to be the worst service. One book submitted in August with no update whatsoever. Questions submitted via e-mail with no response. I don't want to go on a chat board. I just want my questions answered. If you can't handle the volume then stop taking in new items. I am a paid member. The DMV provides better service than this.

On 3/16/2022 at 3:55 AM, chrisco37 said:

Did they get rid of their phone number?

And social media?

On 3/16/2022 at 8:56 AM, revat said:

And social media?

No they still have that.  Run by their social media manager.  Not someone who knows stuff.  And if you ask a question they don't like, they just ignore it or delete it. 

Edited by Sigur Ros

• Administrator
On 3/8/2022 at 2:51 AM, Rich42 said:

This has got to be the worst service. One book submitted in August with no update whatsoever. Questions submitted via e-mail with no response. I don't want to go on a chat board. I just want my questions answered. If you can't handle the volume then stop taking in new items. I am a paid member. The DMV provides better service than this.

If you are willing to PM me your submission number and any questions you have, I will do my best to find the answers for you.

I have submitted 57 comics on august 3d last year im still waiting when I called last week they said it would be at least another 2 months ...over a year to get comics graded really!!! Ive had over 1000 comics graded by CGC over the last couple years.  I believe you get the best investment for the dollar but over a year come on...Ive got a stack of at least 200 sitting on my desk ready to go but I really don't want to waste that much time waiting I can get them graded at PGX in 2 months the amount I lose grading with them will easily be made up in time waited

On 3/16/2022 at 6:55 AM, chrisco37 said:

Did they get rid of their phone number?

I think what they got rid of is whatever goodwill and customer confidence they once had. Sad to see it come to this

Reading this and also hearing about delays on social media is crazy but not surprising. The same thing happened in sports cards with PSA. They stopped their most basic level for some months to stop the influx of cards being sent in, which IMO have zero business being graded + they increased prices across the mid-level. I waited a year and a half for a PSA order to come back to me and have an order now still with them getting close to a year. It pissed off a lot of people but a year later they are now mostly back on track with the same raised prices and still making a killing at the bank. 

CGC can see the same thing happen if this influx keeps up. 
I had a good result with CGC. I sent 50 books to my presser in late November 2021, he had his own backlog and submitted them to CGC in early January. I got my books from CGC in May.
6 months total was my wait time.

I am hesitant though to see if lightning strikes twice. I have 50+ books sitting here that I want to grade but need to think it over more to see if I would be OK if it took them a year or more to get them back to me.