• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Daredevil 115
3 3

11 posts in this topic

This is the second book I came across and added to my collection today. Paid a few bucks for it.

It came in a polybag likely as old as the comic itself. I asked the LCS for another and they told me they only sold them by the pack of 100. They put out all new comics in bags and boards but they won't give or sell me 1 new? So many things I hate about this shop. :pullhair:

I've had this under a stack of heavy books for a few hours. It somewhat helped with the spine roll. Good ol' fashioned pressing! :idea:

1st Wolverine... ad. It came out after IH180 and was on stands around the same time as 181. So 1st Wolvie Ad 2nd Cameo Pre-dates 1st Full Appearance. 

:flipbait:

MVS is intact.

There's a small rip near the vertical crease that borders the right edge of the front cover. Not that it'll matter in this condition.

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

20220308_215747.jpg

20220308_215751.jpg

20220308_215755.jpg

20220308_215800.jpg

20220308_215804.jpg

20220308_215814.jpg

20220308_215832.jpg

On 3/10/2022 at 8:56 AM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

I thought you didn't like the X-Men ?  Are you a Wolverine fan ? Or is it that you just like to make money ?

X-Men be alright. Never got into collecting them.

Wolverine is great. I have his major appearances.

This book is worth the couple of bucks I paid for it. It's neat as a very, very minor, miniscule even, key having that IH181 ad in it. Thor 229 has it as well. I joke in that it's a money book. But who knows in the future? As IH180 & 181 become more and more expensive and out of reach for many collectors, maybe they'll settle for an advertisement.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:59 AM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

What does MVS stand for ?

Marvel Value Stamp. If it's missing the book will be incomplete.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:54 AM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

What does LCS stand for ?

Local Comic Shop.

This was from an out of town one that I hate. So many reasons....

Here's another - why have a long wall of books if nothing on display is a key and a good 1/4 of them are sun damaged?

Edited by grendelbo

On 3/10/2022 at 9:17 AM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

That owner must be an old timer........The closet LCS to me now is a 45 min. drive....how things have changed for me.

I don't think he is but if you own the only comic shop in town I guess you can do whatever you like.

All the back issues are out of order. Titles are grouped together but not numerically. Makes digging through them a pain. I hate this shop.

On 3/10/2022 at 10:17 AM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

That owner must be an old timer........The closet LCS to me now is a 45 min. drive....how things have changed for me.

Yes, I am an old timer.  I used to go to 7/11, White Hen Pantry, Woolworth, Ben Franklin and two LCS within 2.5 mile radius. Sometimes, I went to the train station near my home to see if the comic books were on sale among four different newspapers (Chicago Tribune, Daily Herald, Sun-Time and Chicago Daily News - many local newspapers in the stands).  If I missed the issues, I could go to other stores to find them.