• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New here and kind of hesitant about sending in my comics

3 posts in this topic

Hi comic grading universe,

I have a small collection (20ish) of comics that I would like to have graded.  This website quotes 55 day turn around time for "Fast track" of "modern" comics.  After reading the posts on this forum that seems to be untrue.  Is 55 days realistic or should the chart be updated with current lead times.

I understand the current situation with the covid and stuff, just want a realistic commit on when I would get my comics graded.  

No problem waiting, just want to know how long I would be expected to wait.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. Our turnaround times do change from week to week. CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)   The times you see listed on the website are the most up to date for this week. But they do vary depending on the volume of submissions we have for each tier.  The times are just estimates based on the current volume and the actual time it may take for your invoice to be completed could be more or less than this estimate.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 3/9/2022 at 12:20 AM, Meephunter said:

Hi comic grading universe,

I have a small collection (20ish) of comics that I would like to have graded.  This website quotes 55 day turn around time for "Fast track" of "modern" comics.  After reading the posts on this forum that seems to be untrue.  Is 55 days realistic or should the chart be updated with current lead times.

I understand the current situation with the covid and stuff, just want a realistic commit on when I would get my comics graded.  

No problem waiting, just want to know how long I would be expected to wait.

Two things to consider...

1) The TAT is in business days. That's typically Monday thru Friday.

2) If (When) the TAT changes while your books are waiting at CGC, that number is now your TAT. Many people are confused and think they keep the TAT that was listed when CGC received their books. This isn't true.