• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 57 - 1st Vision
3 3

20 posts in this topic

@MrRoboto

@I Am The Answer!

@grendelbo

@Galen130

@JohnT

@JRibble

@fastballspecial

@Funnybooks

The status of another tier of my current submission has been changed to shipped so got the grade and notes back on this one. Out of all the comics in my current submission I definitely should have had this one C&P, my impatience got the better of me though : )

4.5 OFF WHITE

light creasing to cover
light finger bends on cover
light spine stress lines to cover
light staining to cover
moderate staple rust

On 6/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, Galen130 said:

Whoa...epic fail on my part. :flamed:

cheese-challenge-cat.gif.9f6884ba4bf77c028aacc319d9478bd3.gif

I definitely should have taken your advice and got this one C&P which I reckon would’ve got it up to at least a 5.0. The staple rust would probably stop it getting all the way up to a 6.0.

You gave grade estimates for most of my current submission that I posted on here and were generally either spot on or very close.

Just waiting for the grades for the 3 books (TOD #10, FF #48 & ASM #4) in the Express tier of my current submission, Hoping they’ll be later today as current status is Quality Control. I posted them all on here and they’re going to be the ones where even half a grade difference is going to have a big impact on FMV!

I submitted 25 books in total and the one I’m most pleased with I didn’t actually post on here (thought I had). It was my low grade Silver Surfer #1, I thought it was going to get around a 1.0 but came back as a 2.5 so I’m very happy!

On 6/9/2022 at 12:17 PM, Funnybooks said:

I believe this copy would have benefited from a C&P

Agreed.  At this point though, I'd be more concerned that the slabs came back with bigger issues. (shrug)

On 6/9/2022 at 11:40 AM, Deutero said:

@MrRoboto

@I Am The Answer!

@grendelbo

@Galen130

@JohnT

@JRibble

@fastballspecial

@Funnybooks

The status of another tier of my current submission has been changed to shipped so got the grade and notes back on this one. Out of all the comics in my current submission I definitely should have had this one C&P, my impatience got the better of me though : )

4.5 OFF WHITE

light creasing to cover
light finger bends on cover
light spine stress lines to cover
light staining to cover
moderate staple rust

:whee: Bullseye

On 6/9/2022 at 7:17 PM, Funnybooks said:

I believe this copy would have benefited from a C&P

Yeah in retrospect I should definitely have followed the advice of some of you fine folks who said that.

My impatience got the better of me as I was already expecting it to be away with CGC for a long time. They actually turned around all 25 I submitted very quickly. Definitely learnt my lesson though and a couple of my recent posts on here are going to be C&P before submission. I think my FF#6 (posted a couple of weeks ago) will be much improved.